kevin8

Tragic news - Sergio (SR3D) passes away

I don't know what to say. Another tragic death in the lego modeling community. I can still remember the day that James Jessiman passed away. My heart goes out to Sergio's family and friends.

When I read this over at Technicbricks I just could not believe or rather did not want to believe what I just read. SR3D Builder is a great piece of SW he created and continued to develop.

May he rest in peace, thoughs are with his family and friends

This is some very sad and shocking news! It’s a huge loss for the community that he’s no longer with us! He always impressed us with his ability to think outside the box and add new brilliant features to his amazing software.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends in this tough time!

Sergio leaves a great legacy behind and it would be such a shame to see all his hard work in the past 8 years come to an end.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with his family? We would like to offer our help in continuing the legacy of SR 3D Builder as we think it’s the best CAD program for LEGO and have been using it for more than roughly 1000 hours in the past 4 years. Without his software, we wouldn’t have been able to do a lot of the projects we have done. If we could get access to the sourcecode we will make sure to keep the software alive, so his legacy can live on.

On behalf of team Brickit.dk

Lasse and Kenneth

Hi Lasse and Kenneth.

A few months have passed and maybe it's now is actually a suitable time to make a first inquiry.

I'm not sure how to get in contact though. Perhaps the best would be to contact Itlug. Or let's see if someone here in the forum knows?

It would be nice if there would be a (skilled) programmer and afol to at least bring SR3D Builder to version 1.0. Not only would it be nice to the community, I think it would also be a very nice tribute to Sergio. He spent at least about 8 years on SR3D Builder and it isn't even "finished" as he wanted it to be. The problem is that nobody has the source code except Sergio...

Hello everybody,

By chance, I discovered SR3D this afternoon, during a CAD software training in my compagny... We were talking about modular design in CAD software. I remembered my LEGO technic models... Such a good part of my life :)

I installed it and began a simple assembly. I love this soft!

I am a software developer specialized in CAD data management (PDM). I coded using .Net during 8 years, for now, I am using java in order to customize Windchill...

So, I decided to contact Sergio in order to contribute to its nice software. But... I realize that he passed off :( Really bad news. I also read the message from its wife.

I don't have a lot of time because of my job and my family but maybe I could help to improve SR3D. Does anyone knows what was the most important pending needs ? Does someone manage to get source code ? Maybe someone could ask to his wife ?

Regards

Julien

Edited by ilisox

Ilisox SR3D is a closed source program,so unfortunately none of use can get access to the source code to try and carry on with the software.

Ps I am a AutoDesk user and a beginner C# coder. :tongue:

Hi,

i want to buy the Registration for SR3D, now i have read, that Sergio he has gone away :(

I have payed a few days ago,over Paypal, and i wondered why i cant receive the Registration Key.

Now i know it.

I have now the Problem, that i cant buy the Registration anymore, i have write a Email too, but no Response.

Has anybody an Idea?

Thanks in advance....

Edited by schattenmeister

I don't know exactly how it works, but you should be able to get a refund from Paypal. Contact their help desk and explain your issue for them.

After one year of not using SR3D i wanted to check for a new version, and found out that the creator passed away :(

So...anybody succeded in getting a new registration key? (Or in best case the software?)

Edited by lippifax

If we could get access to the sourcecode we will make sure to keep the software alive, so his legacy can live on.

On behalf of team Brickit.dk

Lasse and Kenneth

At a times of such loss, question of man's legacy always arise. If someone can talk to his family, get the source with permission to make it open source - I think many people (me included) will help to keep it alive.

At a times of such loss, question of man's legacy always arise. If someone can talk to his family, get the source with permission to make it open source - I think many people (me included) will help to keep it alive.

Some people of LDraw.org have contacted his family. They said that (for now at least) they will not share any source code.

If I remember correctly...