Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

CAP-2 Captivator

Up next in my series of Kenner Mini-Rigs is the, CAP-2 Captivator.

It was a small, one-man vehicle, designed to ambush and capture enemy personnel. It walked on two legs, with the pilot standing upright in a bubble-enclosed canopy. Two arms ending in claws extended from the front of the vehicle with a blaster mounted between them, and a large vice on the back held captives for transport. Its feet contained sensors for spying on its prey.

5_-_eu_-_mini-rig_-_cap-2_captivator.jpg

There is a fair amount of SNOT in the model. Using the 2x2 Macaroni Bricks proved to be too small for the cockpit, but, using 4x4 Curved Bricks was too big. So, I had to figure how to use these:

6005.gif

These provided the right amount of room for a pilot, but, also made the model a little too big. But, I still think it is small enough to pass as a Mini-Rig.

5_-_eu_-_mini-rig_-_cap-2_captivator_open.jpg

Roomy?! Plenty of room for a pilot to fit!

5_-_eu_-_mini-rig_-_cap-2_captivator_open_1.jpg

The idea of having a claw/ vice on the back to hold prisoners, seemed a little odd to me. So, I made a holding chamber in the back of the model for those pesky Rebelscum.

5_-_eu_-_mini-rig_-_cap-2_captivator_open_2.jpg

Just enough room for Rebel troops to fit.

This model has 224 pieces. The .lxf file is in my Brickshelf folder.

Desert Sail Skiff tomorrow?

Jamie

Hah! Cool! I had this vehicle as a kid and Bossk was my #1 action figure. So you can imagine i played a lot with it. But you captured the shape quitte well!

Desert skiff? Yes, please

Edited by Borex