Sorry I just wanted to add that wheels for the technic bikes is one of my biggest interests at the moment. I have 2x the 8420 and would like to get more of those thick tyres as well. Brick link for that? Where is the best place to get the gold rims etc? Brick owl? I am looking into fabricating different custom rims too. Wire spokes for that cafe racer would be nice :)

Thanks again and will start my own thread next time.

Hi there. You read my mind :) Thanks for the buying advise. All sounds like the way I would go about things so great thank you.

As for limited productions I am chuffed that something I like is actually being made at all so wont tempt fate there. Even fewer helicopters and mods :(

The Decool kit is not bad really very hard to tell and ive given them a hard twist to test strength. Whether they perish or not I doubt it. Lego does innovation Im not sure if the materials are anything special. Perhaps Im wrong. There are reviews and compatibility tests on youtube. I think ill make the B model chopper and not mix them with lego. I found someone in london selling for £45.

Ive actually got 4 of the 42007 and few older ones (says with ashamed face) :cry_sad:

Edited by Trojan

I think the fact that we only get a single motorcycle every two years plays into this, there arent many sets, and part variety is rather low in some areas as well, we only have one wheel type for the last 7-8 years, and only two tires to fit on them for instance, front shocks also are rather limited.

As for bricklink, personally i only order in-country, and from sellers with many sales and overwhelmingly positive feedback, it also helps that generally i dont order too many parts at once, so if an order goes bad (not that it has), im out only 10-20 euros. While we are on the subject of bricklink, id suggest picking up a bunch of those pearl gold wheels when you can, they are relatively rare, as they only appear in a single 2014 ninjago set (and only 1 per set), so once that set retires, price on that color might go pretty high, i plan on picking up at least one extra set for future motorcycles

Just looked into it (didnt know they did real Lego set imitations already), and while i very much desire 8051 (the one that got away from me), ill be giving it a miss, aliexpress shows me a price of $46+shipping for one of those, at which point paying €50-60 for the real deal from bricklink seems more appealing, im also a bit of a purist in that i dont object to knock-offs entirely, but i wont mix fake with real lego, so getting a decool 8051 would pretty much stop me from modifying it, or re-using parts of it later in other models

While you are buying bikes (4 x 42036 and 2x 8051, wow, jealous :P), id recommend 42007, it isnt the most loved bike, and a bit less open to modding (i think anyway), but it does look very nice, and there is an easy mod on youtube for moving the chain to the other side inside the swing-arm, which makes it look pretty damn good.

Completely agree with @vectormatic :thumbup:

For some inspiration, designs and some instructions check out Lego Technic Motorcycles blog :wink:

Edited by kurtSoares

Completely agree with @vectormatic :thumbup:

For some inspiration, designs and some instructions check out Lego Technic Motorcycles blog :wink:

Hi. Thank you but my doctor told me if I went on that site any more I'd go blind. *huh* Probably just an old wives tale.

Hi there. You read my mind :) Thanks for the buying advise. All sounds like the way I would go about things so great thank you.

As for limited productions I am chuffed that something I like is actually being made at all so wont tempt fate there. Even fewer helicopters and mods :(

The Decool kit is not bad really very hard to tell and ive given them a hard twist to test strength. Whether they perish or not I doubt it. Lego does innovation Im not sure if the materials are anything special. Perhaps Im wrong. There are reviews and compatibility tests on youtube. I think ill make the B model chopper and not mix them with lego. I found someone in london selling for £45.

Ive actually got 4 of the 42007 and few older ones (says with ashamed face) :cry_sad:

Haha, seems like you are waaaaaay ahead of me in the bike department (so far all i have is one 42007 and one 42036)

As for the gold rims, i just get mine from bricklink, but im not familiar with brickowl, so i cant comment on that

As for the Decool model, 45 quid seems steep, considering the original can be had for €60 on bricklink (although no current sellers in the UK), personally i wouldnt pay that much, but if the quality is good, then by all means!

If you get some custom wheels made, do post, id love to see them

Haha, seems like you are waaaaaay ahead of me in the bike department (so far all i have is one 42007 and one 42036)

Way ahead in the greedy department maybe. Thanks for the welcome and will post some pics soon :)

Cheers Troy

Here's my first attempt at modifying a bike. Tried to beef it up a bit with the parts I do have and get an idea of what I will need in future. Kept some of the blue and went for a stripped down track version of a superbike I guess. Perhaps a GSXR750/1000 look to it?

Got rid of the central pillars on the windshield (Dont like'em), tried to add a seat, filled out the panels and underskirt, moved the kick stand outwards, modified exhaust, removed lights, added yellowy race bits and just experimented really. Baby steps. Would be nice to add a radiator. Good brain exercise :wacko: but very therapeutic.

20899250134_17e6c9dddf.jpg

20899088814_77284d7c3b_n.jpg

21333949508_22236f325c_n.jpg

20900629513_9b5643f7b3_n.jpg

21333978748_1fb9d8d169_n.jpg

21324481679_88556b8743_n.jpg

My hope is to definitely try to make some other rim styles, produce some wider rear tyres (slick would be nice) and find some solution (preferably using lego parts) for front mud guards because I think the leaf petal thing that gets used a lot looks odd and can be awkward to work into the design. I might just cut or modify that piece. Or is that cheating?

Cheers

Looks good! The colors look a bit like a hodge podge right now, but that might be because of the smallish pics. Replacing the black side with a white one should give it a nice yamaha motoGP vibe.