I do, IF I buy it then it will be to build the B model.

I am 91% towards building the a model of this set acording to rebrickable(swapping out green parts for black/red)

So I should be able to build the B model, I am already planning a RC version of it

I will commence building the B-model today. Been a long time since I've built a B-model.

However, don't underestimate tye A-model. I think it's a pretty good model.

I built the A model last night, using white for green and red for white. 86% of the parts needed came from 42029 and 42038. I stole some white panels from 42025 cargo plane and red ones from 9394. The size is very impressive. I just wish they kept the preliminary cockpit and the area right behind the cockpit. Maybe they'll post the preliminary instructions. :P

Interesting! How did you model the mudguards? Afaik, they are not available in any other set (and colour) so far. Since I also own the 42038 and many other sets, I could probably try to rebuild it myself.

Builded, IMO, it looks good from above, but very ugly from the sides. I'm not very satisfied. In the coming days I will try the B-model that seems to be more cute.

Built the A model yesterday, just to see how it looked. Will take it apart soon to built the B model because I too like that one better.

Interesting! How did you model the mudguards? Afaik, they are not available in any other set (and colour) so far. Since I also own the 42038 and many other sets, I could probably try to rebuild it myself.

I used 4 white flex axils for the front fenders (from the mindstorms R2D2), 2 on each side. For the rear I used red ones from various sets.

Looks like the lights from the leaked version are available in some sets this year: http://brickset.com/parts/6100761

Looks like they're in Wonder Woman's invisible jet and one of the new Agents sets. I would like to get a few of those and swap out the trans black ones in my red model of Paul's Phantasm Turbo.

Edited by Meatman

Looks like they're in Wonder Woman's invisible jet and one of the new Agents sets. I would like to get a few of those and swap out the trans black ones in my red model of Paul's Phantasm Turbo.

Same here. Bricks and Pieces still closed though :(

Just finished building the B-model and I don't like the wheels, I put white wheels with 68.8x36H tires, they are a bit small but look better

Same here. Bricks and Pieces still closed though :(

do you know when will we be alble to purchase again?? I can't wait I really needs tons of new parts!!!

Does anybody has a date??

do you know when will we be alble to purchase again?? I can't wait I really needs tons of new parts!!!

Does anybody has a date??

Just "end of January"

Picked this up three days ago with big expectation, especially for the B-model. Based on the pictures I've seen on the 24h Car I was unsure if I should buy it or not, but the B-model made me do so. I started building the A-model and got VERY IMPRESSED. The model is much bigger than I thought, very sturdy and it was an amazing 5-6h build. The next day I took it apart to build the B-model which I was looking forward to. My expectations was higher than the result and I actually got a bit disappointed. On the other hand, I am really satisfied with the A-model so I just finished building it again.

For all of you who's not having the 42039 on the store shelves yet, save your money because you will really want this one!

I share your feelings. I like this set a lot.

Working on a full review as we speak.

Mmm,have I not heard you say that before? :laugh::tongue:

This one is actually progressing nicely :laugh:

I am even working on a fully motorized version. Have been rebuilding the chassis in LDD tonight, to figure out the best motor placement. There's ample space, so the possibilities are endless.

This one is actually progressing nicely :laugh:

Ah but you said the same thing about the other ten reviews you are currently doing as well. :head_back:

By the way; this turns out to be a very useful part:

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=15100

It's very convenient when linking beams together.

Oh,yes I need to get some of those.

PS this part too as also good for joining two beams together. :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan