Ecclesiastes

October: Middle Earth Contest

Sounds like a fun contest, I hope I can put something together in time (since I'm still laboring over a past-due, unfinished SHIP)!

Are Cat B and C also subject to restriction that they must be designed/executed along the same lines as a TLG official set?

Oh yes! I've been wanting to do something just like category 1 for so long! This is gonna be great! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are Cat B and C also subject to restriction that they must be designed/executed along the same lines as a TLG official set?

No.

For category C it sais:

Use a chapter of Bilbo's book or add one, showing him on one of his many adventures!

Does that mean that the scene we build has not to be from the book but from our own imagination?

Edited by Wat Tambor

Got one simple question: Are we allowed to use digital decals ? I want to build a real Scene with real lego, but instead of attaching printed decals on the figures and shields, I want to modify the Picture with Photoshop just on These parts, to add something like decals. Everything else will not be modified with graphic programs, jus shields and torsos.

Edited by Disco86

I think that contest should be about LEGO skills and ideas, not Photoshop skills. What about creating custom stickers?

I think that contest should be about LEGO skills and ideas, not Photoshop skills. What about creating custom stickers?

I did not ask you, I asked the hosts of this contest :wink:

And my entires will be definitly more influenced by my building skills... if my building skill may be high enough...

And by the way I don't know how to print decals with white emblems, does anybody know ? I don't think so.

Edited by Disco86

And by the way I don't know how to print decals with white emblems, does anybody know ? I don't think so.

I guess you are talking about decals for Gondor soldiers? But why?

There are shields with a tree emblem and you have used them yourself in some of your Castle builds. I think these shields from the CMF-series work well for Gondor though the background of the tree is not grey like in the movies but green.

I also have a question about category C. Does it have to be from The Hobbit only or are you including the trilogy books as well?

I would like to do the contest. however i have some difficult to understand all the paragraphe ^^.

Any problems understanding, feel free to send a pm!

For category C it sais:

Does that mean that the scene we build has not to be from the book but from our own imagination?

I also have a question about category C. Does it have to be from The Hobbit only or are you including the trilogy books as well?

It means you're free to choose an existing story of Bilbo, from the Hobbit or lotr. Or just make one up!

Got one simple question: Are we allowed to use digital decals ? I want to build a real Scene with real lego, but instead of attaching printed decals on the figures and shields, I want to modify the Picture with Photoshop just on These parts, to add something like decals. Everything else will not be modified with graphic programs, jus shields and torsos.

If it's just on shields and minifigs, I consider them as a printed decal. So yes.

If it's just on shields and minifigs, I consider them as a printed decal. So yes.

Thanks for that decision, I try to keep the modifications as simple as possible. Already ordered some figs to avoid to much "magic" :classic:

This is a contest I can get behind. I've been on a LOTR binge lately.

Now to actually find time to build something for once. And hope I have the appropriate pieces!

Let's get to planning.

exams are coming up so I'll have to sit this one out but looks like fun :classic:

For category A could I make an improved (new build, not MODed) version of a location that's already represented by a set?

Decals are allowed. But how about cloth? I am considering an entry for a black veil for Arwen. Can I use any cloth cut into a veil or even just limited to a LEGO cape?

-You are creating a set, so remember no illegal techniques! It has to look like a set LEGO could produce and sell!

What're "illegal techniques?"