Ecclesiastes

October: Middle Earth Contest

Have you considered awarding any tags to participants of the contest? I would really like a Middle Earth tag.

That's a great idea Blakstone, I'd like one too!

For Category A, you said to create the set you've always wanted, so do we have the freedom to make something a bit more complicated than what LEGO would do?

For Category A, you said to create the set you've always wanted, so do we have the freedom to make something a bit more complicated than what LEGO would do?

I am not a judge but it sais:

It has to look like a set LEGO could produce and sell!

I don't think that this is allowed but I don't know for sure.

If I can manage to create a set before the deadline I'll go for something that looks like an official LEGO set just to be sure that it counts for the contest.

Category C, I have an idea -built the windlance so far- for Fire and Water (Bard V Smaug) is that ok or not considering Bilbo isn't present.

Could I have the main picture Bilbo walking by with Thorin and having another picture of Bard V Smaug?

Sandmirror, I think that works for Cat C. It includes all of the Hobbit book and movies. If you want to go beyond that, you can if you include Bilbo.

really nice contest with lotr theme!

I hope it will be a nice message for tlc ^^

Actually, I assume that there is prize support from LEGO on this contest. If so, this is a new gesture to the Middle Earth fans on Eurobricks.

I hope that the grand prize is a flyer announcing a third Lord of the Rings wave...

In that case "everyone's a winner"?

For challenge C, can you do two 8 x 16 segments and then place them apart for forced perspective?

:thumbup:

Could someone tell me, please, what is the maximum number of entires? 2 + 2 + 2? Thx.

Indeed!

Forgot to take photos before I left for my holiday!

:cry_sad::hmpf_bad:

Extended till November 2nd. It was frontpaged but, not everyone looks there. Anyway, so some more time to make something this weekend! :classic:

The winners will be determined by both Judging and voting. A top 5 of each category will be determined by Judging and the winners by a voting system!

Of course we'll be having amazing prizes. Like the new The Hobbit sets, but there's more! Runner ups will be getting prizes as well. And there will be a raffle among the entries! [/size]