Ever since I first pulled the rip cord on a speedorz, I have wanted to build a brick-built obstacle course to test the driver.

Finished it!

The task is to get the Speedorz across the narrow bridge above the fire, through the two flaming hoops, jump across the swamp and land in the Lake of Chi.

It's pretty easy; I can get it in once every 4231 attempts.

I wonder how many will get it in the Lake of Chi at the Brisbane LEGO Fan Expo at Chandler on the weekend 4-6 Oct?

photo.jpg

The valley of flames.

img_2582.jpg

The jump across the swamp

img_2583.jpg

The lion temple; the lake of Chi is in the mouth

img_2586.jpg

Thanks DarthBrickus,

It was designed to be difficult.

We will have 3 Chima courses there.

The first will be a simple jump and hit the wolf target [as per set 70107].

The second will be through the swinging vines [70109] and then jump into a nest. Unfortunately I have motorised the swinging vines so only a few will make it through.

If you are able to complete these tasks, then you will have a turn at the near impossible task.

Lots of fun ahead.

Edited by brickie

Zblj, most of the tall structures have been built to withstand a speeding speedorz.

I think that there will be a lot of re-positioning of trees and animals.

The vines in the swamp are great as they are held firmly into the ground and are very flexible when hit.

I have my fingers crossed that it all doesn't disintegrate when a strong young teen lets fly with a speedorz.

Wow, this is amazing. I love how you've made the obstacles in the sets larger and grander. It looks just like the TV show!

I would love to try this as well, perhaps you could post instructions on how you motorized the vines?

Thanks Lady and legozebra for the kind comments.

What a wonderful weekend of playing and showing LEGO.

BrisBricks had 11000+ people at the Expo and I think half of them tried the Chima courses. In fact one boy stayed all day trying to get the speedorz into the Lake of Chi. Just before closing time, I gave him a Chima prize for trying so hard.

The brickbuilt course performed better than I expected. The two rings of fire remained unbroken but the animals and plants were constantly moving position; easily fixed.

img_2594.jpg

The second course with the motorised vines was very hard for most people. In the photo you can see the design; I used a 9v red mini motor and a PF rechargeable battery so I could set the speed.

img_2518.jpg

All in all, the 3 courses proved to be a challenge for all who tried. I gave away 18 prizes for getting the speedorz into the Lake on the brickbuilt course. The smiles and laughter made all the building worthwhile.