ARSLOCK

[MOC] Simpsons Backyard/Bart's Tree House/Marge's Car

So I love the Simpsons and bought the house immediately when it came out, and off and on I've been working on some MOCs to complete the set.

Thought I'd share my progress!

lego-simpsons-house-front.JPG

The front of the house

lego-simpsons-backyard-moc.JPG

Backyard

lego-simpsons-overhead.JPG

Overhead shot

lego-simpsons-fence-piece.JPG

I designed the fence so that only a 2 stud corner connects to the house itself, you can just slide the baseplate off once that is disconnected.

lego-simpsons-house-open.JPG

So the house still opens up to about 90 degrees for playability. I removed the connection between the garage and house so that it can still open up without removing the garage. Just switched some bricks around.

lego-simpsons-marge-car.jpg

And here is a detail of Marge's car. I used red because I don't have a lot of orange. Not sure what is up with the old baseplate on the roof I'll have to try and clean it more.

Any thoughts/feedback appreciated!!! This is the first real MOC I've made that wasn't just combining sets. I might buy some cheese slopes for the fence to make it more like a picket fence, but I'll have to price that out.

Pretty neat additions. I like the tree house. I'd almost want to make it shorter to line up better with the window, but I can't remember how it looks compared to the house. I haven't watched that show in so long.

I like that you can still open it up. That helps.

I can't wait to pick mine up. But I'm afraid it is down the list a bit.

Larger wheels, a good bumper and...

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero! She blinds everybody with her super high beams, She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine, Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!

Larger wheels, a good bumper and...

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero! She blinds everybody with her super high beams, She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine, Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!

I was going for the station wagon, but with the red, I could probably make a few mods (shorter hood etc) and turn that thing into the Canyonnnnnnnnnnnerooooooo

---

as for the height of the tree i've played around with it a good deal... this is the shortest it has been but it wouldn't be hard to make it shorter. not sure how accurate the height is and placement (the backyard seems to change as they need it in the show)

thanks for the comments!

Edited by ARSLOCK