Ranger_Elegost

The Flying Scotsman

This was my Second Entry for the 2014 MocOylmpics, where me and my oppnent had to build Pioneer Steam Locomotives. I chose the Flying Scotsman Train. I hope you like it, please rate and comment :)

1411962203m_SPLASH.jpg1411962207m_SPLASH.jpg1411962212m_SPLASH.jpg

^Learn something new every day. I've never known what people meant by that. I'm not much into trains, so that would have passed me by.

However, with that knowledge I will be able to build something in the future probably.

Otherwise, I like how this looks. But again, I'm not a train builder, so I can't attest to the proper look.

Otherwise, I like how this looks. But again, I'm not a train builder, so I can't attest to the proper look.

It looks fine as a steam engine. There are steam engines with 2-6-4 arrangement. But if you say you model your train after a real prototype then it should resemble the real thing.

r2675-lner-flying-scotsman-loco.jpg

You have the carrying wheels wrong. Its a 4-6-2 not a 2-6-4.

hey this was my first train model I've built, also I didn't have much time to complete the build :-/

For a MOC by a non-train builder, its very good. There's some nice attention to detail. However, given the original subject and the train fans that love it, I'm not surprised by the reactions.

A good MOC, if a bit unconventional.

--Tony

Looks good. But it would help if you could tell us the rules for the MOCOlympics. Limited time? Limited bricks? I think that would help us appreciate it more. But apart from that it is definitely recognizable as the Flying Scottsman. So good job there.

I have to say you did a great job at capturing the look of the Flying Scottsman with the given constraints of time. The locomotive is recognizable and has a feel that makes it unique among the models that have been created by traditional Lego train builders. Great job!

As far as criticism received in this corner of Eurobricks, the train builders are very constructive in giving pointers that will help in making your model more accurate. It is not a bad thing and take the advice as a way to improve the model. At least you do not have to deal with arbitrary rules put in place by other groups because it fits a style of a Lego model made years ago and has no direct relavance to any kind historical or scientific accuracy.