Sign in to follow this  
GallardoLU

[MOC] Cruise-missile Trooper (Kenner set)

The Empire is always experimenting with new troop concepts and the Cruise-missile Trooper is another of those crazy creations. The Cruise-missile Trooper was a Space fighter equipped with heavy forward armor but no shielding and the pilot was physically attached at the waist to the ship, meaning if the ship were destroyed the trooper was too. the ship though was incredibly fast and was often the first wave of assault craft leading the Tie Fighters with proton torpedoes and dual lazer cannons.

The Kenner toy is the only place this craft ever existed but dispite that, Keeper of the Holocron Leland Chee stated that the Cruisemissile Troopers are to be considered part of canon.

My version is as close to minifig scale as i could possibly get, due to that the only part of the figure in my ship is the exposed helmet of the pilot/trooper (minifigures have issues looking up :hmpf:) . I've done everything possible to include all features of the toy possible.

15395255602_9b34c90cba_c.jpg

15208997568_2593d131d6_c.jpg

15209006918_fb7e9da1c0_c.jpg

15208812489_763a6c73e6_c.jpg

Reference image, with flaps deployed and side engines lowered.

CruiseMissleTrooper.jpg

Hope you Like it as always Comments are welcomed!

Nice!! I always like to see people make odd stuff Kenner and Hasbro made that wasn't in the movies.

Good job!!

Jamie

Being an avid KENNER / HASBRO rebuilder myself I truly love it, and could not have made a better variant!

But... I'm taking up the challenge of putting a full minifig in there. Did you take into consideration that the Stormtrooper had a harness on? See here:

POTF2cruisepilot1.jpgPOTF2cruisepilot3.jpg

Various LEGO harnesses have studs on the backside; maybe you could use that to 'click' it to the vehicle.

But job well done sir; job well done :classic:

Edited by HJR-Holland

yeah, my original plan was to have the figure in there, but the problem came up when I needed to have the trooper looking forward out of the hole. minifigs have no neck, so they cant tilt their heads back. notice in your pictures the chest is pointing down and forward while the head is looking straight forward. combine the minifig limitations and the scale I wanted to build at, having the torso in there just wasn't an option for me.

How did I miss this the first time? As another person that have original toy, the LEGO version look pretty accurate. I do got to ask 2 questions: Is their a version where the guy is not sticking his head out of the top? And I notice the original toy has the imperial logo did you try to put some on the LEGO version?

How did I miss this the first time? As another person that have original toy, the LEGO version look pretty accurate. I do got to ask 2 questions: Is their a version where the guy is not sticking his head out of the top? And I notice the original toy has the imperial logo did you try to put some on the LEGO version?

Q1: I didn't build that option as it would simply be a plate instead of a helm (well maybe a couple plates to make it flush) Q2: and the Imperial markings, I completely over looked those, I know I have a couple 1x1 round plates with the marking that will fit on the wings easy.

And Blackice200, I used the Trooper helm simply because I own 0 AT-AT, and do not have a white pilot helm (which as a write that is crazy as I’ve always liked that big walker)

And thanks, again everyone!

Edited by GallardoLU

It's nice to see so many of those Kenner influenced MOCs, great stuff!