Cyberbricker

Facts 2014

Yep. I'll be there. You can expect a lot of dealers with merchandise (most of it is SW), some actors, some activities. There's also a Lego diorama (I believe Hoth) this year. A fun event.

I'll be there too, but on sunday :)

Yes, expect a lot of dealers, mostly SW, LOTR/Hobbit and anime. Almost 50% sells lego SW and some also LOTR. Some actors, designers etc. are present, special guest this year is Carrie Fisher (princess Leia)! Cosplay also, so be prepared for people in costumes, some of which are really well done :)

There is probably also a gaming corner, and a special Ubisoft stand (like previous years).

Almost 50% sells lego SW

Wait…50% has SW Lego?

I had to miss last years edition and the year(s) before that I was in my ‘Lego Dark Ages’ but I can’t remember seeing a lot of Lego there?

Are you sure? (I really hope so....)

And just the new sets or also old retired sets? (any chance I'll find a Tantive IV or Battle of Endor at a decent price?)

50% is maybe a bit exaggerated, but there are some sellers who have a lot of sets, ranging from old sets to new ones, and rare to common. Last year there was even a stand where you could buy Lego SW minifigures separately. But I never bought lego there, the prices are a bit over the top :P

I think I saw some Tantive IV boxes (even the UCS one) and Endor Bunker sets, so you could find them there (don't expect them to be cheap though). I always went on saturdaymornings so that everything was still present :)

Edited by Moexy

The sellers at FACTS are the same as the ones' you'd find at venues such as Jedicon, Celebration Europe or 'De verzamelaarsbeurs' in Utrecht. in practice that means serious prices really... Unfortunately FACTS is always programmed in the same week as LEGOworld, and as I'm one of the exhibitors there I unfortunately cannot attend...

I have the battle of Endor still in the box... Someone wanted to give me a €179, but I could not do it. :tongue:

€ 179? I can get a new, sealed one for € 140 at a local toystore that has old stock. Still in doubt whether to get it now…or in a few months with the risk it’s gone.

(There are some other sets I want more...)

50% is maybe a bit exaggerated, but there are some sellers who have a lot of sets, ranging from old sets to new ones, and rare to common. Last year there was even a stand where you could buy Lego SW minifigures separately. But I never bought lego there, the prices are a bit over the top :P

I think I saw some Tantive IV boxes (even the UCS one) and Endor Bunker sets, so you could find them there (don't expect them to be cheap though). I always went on saturdaymornings so that everything was still present :)

Sunday afternoon is the moment you can get bargains.....and yes: I know some prices are (too) high at FACTS. No reason to shop for books (novels, reference) or DVDs/BRs there.....Amazon is cheaper.

Even the Galactic Heroes (a Star Wars kiddie line from Playskool) are ridiculously prices (which also was the case at Celebration). € 15 for 2 figs......a while ago they were in the sale bins at the local toy store.....

Years ago I made some sweet deals regarding (Star Wars) statues, signed Ralph McQuarrie lithographs and Ewoks animation cells.

The sellers at FACTS are the same as the ones' you'd find at venues such as Jedicon, Celebration Europe or 'De verzamelaarsbeurs' in Utrecht. in practice that means serious prices really...

Well, FACTS has more international dealers than the Collectors Fair in Utrecht (which has almost no international toy/merchandise dealers). Also, FACTS has more dealers than most conventions. LondonFilm&ComicCon, Collectormania, JediCon, Weekend of Horrors, the StarCons…nothing compares with FACTS regarding the amount of dealers.

Still....this year I'm just going for the fun. No work assignment (back in 2006 I was Anthony Daniels' assistant), the kids are at their grandparents that weekend and Mrs Jedi-Bendu (who has attended just 2 conventions ever) is coming. A weekend of fine beers, some city sightseeing, shopping, and on saturday some FACTS. :classic:

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Hey guys, I might join as well. Ashamed to say, but I didn't know about this event before, thanks for sharing the info. As I live in the Netherlands now, I might drop by! :classic:

I was just wondering if anybody here will be going to Facts 2014 in Flanders?

http://www.facts.be/nl/

Also, can anyone tell me what to expect from this as this would be my first time. :classic:

I have been there twice. It's a nice event.

Definitely not 50% selling LEGO SW. I would say no more than 10% and that's a pretty high estimate. But you will find rare (and not so rare) LEGO SW sets.

The prices are pretty steep though and waiting for a bargain is of little use, since sellers just repack their sets and go home. It's not that you will get a big discount by the end of the day. At least, that's my experience. YMMV.

I've been there for the past seven years, espcially after they went from the ICC in Ghent to Flanders Expo there is always an increase in stands who sell Lego. So my guess is that it will be more this year, certainly with all the new hobbit, star wars (rebels) and superheroes sets. Last year I even saw stands who sold megabloks and that kind of material (stargate, star trek, ...).

Does anybody know if you can take your bag and camera inside and if there are any (veggie)food stand?

You can take everything you want and yes, there are food stands. Not sure about veggie though. But there French Fries and Sandwhiches etc.

You can't bring a real gun or be a racist :tongue:

I must admit: there was more LEGO than I expected. Some overpriced, some really weird deals (one stand had boxed SW sets.....all without the minifigs), and some sets I was looking for.....

In the end, I got this:

7956 Ewok Attack

9489 Endor Rebel and Imperial Trooper battlepack

8038 Battle for Endor

Yup. I got the 8038!

(any chance I'll find a Tantive IV or Battle of Endor at a decent price?)

I have the battle of Endor still in the box... Someone wanted to give me a €179, but I could not do it. :tongue:

I got mine for € 125 at FACTS. Mint in Box!

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Jedi-Bendu, did you see someone selling 10212 Imperial Shuttle (MISB) and at what price?? Thanks!

Nope,,,,didn't see it. Only UCS I saw for sale was the Sandcrawler.

I did see an unboxed 7166 shuttle though.

Thanks Jedi Bendu! I thought of going but it is a bit far from Amsterdam, and it was competing with Lego World in Utrecht, so I figured I'd just go there :classic: It was nice but Lego SW were seriously underrepresented.

Just got home from Facts. What a great day, nice people, lots of Star Wars (Not just LEGO) :wink: , and I happened to be my birthday as well. Finnaly got those miniguns for my (ARC)troopers, though a little expensive, €2 a piece... But noting could ruin this day. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Cyberbricker

Thanks Jedi bendu! looks nice! was that the only Lego SW?

Thanks Jedi Bendu! I thought of going but it is a bit far from Amsterdam, and it was competing with Lego World in Utrecht, so I figured I'd just go there :classic: It was nice but Lego SW were seriously underrepresented.

O you went too? Did I happen to see you? you've probalbly seen my SW display (the hoth-geonosis one :) )

and I strongly agree about the underrepresented sw stuff :wink:

Hey TWP! Of course I saw it, the Geonosis one was pure genious, awesome piece!! Proof that you can perfectly capture the spirit of the arena without ruining yourself with 10.000 pieces MOC! Challenge for the next one: Reek and Ackley! :classic: And was super surprised to realize that I could probably build a similar Hoth display with the sets/ spare pieces I have! I really hope that you have enough space to display these two at your place, I know that if it was me, I would really hate to put these back in the box :sceptic:

Shame we didn't meet face-to-face though! :classic:

Thanks! Really glad you like it! Well about the reek and acklay: I did plan it origanally, but I had not enough time. that arena was really a last minute build the evening for the event in about 1.5 hours :grin:

Yes, it was kind of the idea to suggest to kids and other people that you can do a lot great stuff with not all that much sets.

By the way, it was just a small portion of my whole collection, e.g. two years ago I had triple the space :) . As for them being stored, at my place I've got them displayed differently :classic:

Yeah, ashame, maybe next year we will meet :sweet:

Definitely! Or perhaps some other event. I have a pretty decent SW collection by now (4 years of collecting), but my problem is space for exhibiting it... And also negotiating power: my wife simply won't let me transform our living room in a proper fashion :sweet: