Bonaparte

[LIBRARY] Sails

Where is that guide for sizing the sails. I would like to add that link to my post along with the sails so that people who don't know how to size them can learn how to do so. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

Cool! Can you deeplink these? :pir-classic:

They haven't been moderated yet :pir-wink:

That doesn't matter. :pir-wink:

Deeplinking can be done immediately after the upload. A link to the entire new folder ends up with "not moderated yet."

Where is that guide for sizing the sails. I would like to add that link to my post along with the sails so that people who don't know how to size them can learn how to do so. :pir-classic:

As you are using a PDF, it should just be a matter of printing at 100%.

As you are using a PDF, it should just be a matter of printing at 100%.

I am sorry for the confusion. I already posted the sails on bricklink. If you go to one of the last posts in the Sail library you will find them. I have also posted links to the sails on this topic. I believe they are on post #4. Enjoy. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

PDFs aren't the easiest file to use - you can, however, upload them to Brickshelf (tutorial here), so you don't need to attach them to your post.

Just to clarify, Brickshelf no longer accepts PDFs as uploads.

I decided to post another topic on this to get one of the moderators attention. I really wanted to have the sails posted in the index so that other people could use them and I have posted them at least three times on other topics over the last two days and they haven't been indexed. So, would one of the moderators please be kind enough to index them for everybody. Pleeeease :pir-sweet: .

P.S. Are there any copyright laws that would prevent me from posting them. I just wanted to know because I know that this website has a reputation to keep up with Lego and I don't think we want to make them :pir-skull: mad. :pir-skull: :pir-classic:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bengun/sails/scan0002.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bengun/sails/scan0003.jpg

Added, thanks very much!

BTW, I changed those massive pics to links so unsuspecting members don't stumble across them in the thread :wink:

Thanks, I've added them :wink:

There shouldn't be any copyright laws, I don't think...

Best to keep discussion in one place, here :classic:

Added, thanks very much!

BTW, I changed those massive pics to links so unsuspecting members don't stumble across them in the thread :wink:

Thanks. I was going to change them to 800/600 px so I then deleted them off of the brickshelf folder. But I have reloaded them. I just wanted to let everybody know so that there is no confusion if you click on it and it says :pir-skull: "folder not yet public" :pir-skull: . Don't worry they are there they may just have to be moderated by brickshelf.com again. :pir-classic:

Thanks. I was going to change them to 800/600 px so I then deleted them off of the brickshelf folder. But I have reloaded them. I just wanted to let everybody know so that there is no confusion if you click on it and it says :pir-skull: "folder not yet public" :pir-skull: . Don't worry they are there they may just have to be moderated by brickshelf.com again. :pir-classic:

So, did you resize them or are they still 1:1 from the original scan?

It's important not to resize them so people can print them in the original size.

So, did you resize them or are they still 1:1 from the original scan?

It's important not to resize them so people can print them in the original size.

They should still be 1:1 scan. I took the original files that had not been resized and uploaded them again onto brickshelf so, they are still the same size. :pir-classic: Enjoy.

They should still be 1:1 scan. I took the original files that had not been resized and uploaded them again onto brickshelf so, they are still the same size. :pir-classic: Enjoy.

Thank you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! The sail I'm missing is 10-20 on bricklink, and this makes a quick replace easier until I have the money to go shopping and actually buy one.

Question; What printing settings should I use to print these.? I've been testing the scans out. I'm missing the big sail for my Imperial Flagship (the first one). Since I have the other two sails, I've been messing with the numbers (dpi, ratio, etc.) trying to find the right settings. I'd rather not waste anymore ink if someone can help. I've checked the thread and did not find a clear answer. Thank you in advance. :pir_laugh2:

Question; What printing settings should I use to print these.? I've been testing the scans out. I'm missing the big sail for my Imperial Flagship (the first one). Since I have the other two sails, I've been messing with the numbers (dpi, ratio, etc.) trying to find the right settings. I'd rather not waste anymore ink if someone can help. I've checked the thread and did not find a clear answer. Thank you in advance. :pir_laugh2:

I'm pretty sure it all depends on the printer, but my best suggestion is to find out the x length and the y height and stick the sail image in MS Word and adjust the size of it until it meets the size of the real sail. Then print it out and it should be the right size.

Let me know if I make no sense. :pir_laugh2:

Sort of. An earlier poster mentioned opening it up in Paint Shop Pro (which I did) and I'm trying to find the right ratio.

Edit; 46-47% resize came out closest to my printer (600 dpi).

Edited by DLangRI

There's so many different factors that affect the final print size, that the best method is to adjust according to the final printed result. Hence, if we could add dimensions of various sails to the index, it would be helpful. Volunteers? I've done the ones I can.

Changing to black and white or just showing the edges would save on printer ink before you get the right size.

Well, since I had the luxury of having one of the sails already, I: measured the existing sail, popped that into paint shop pro, cropped and resized it to the proper dimensions, took the before and after pixel length, figured out the percentage, and then applied the resize to the sail I'm missing.

It worked, the 1:1 scans need to be resized to 46-47% for a 600 dpi printer. Next time I'm going to deepen the saturation because the colors are lighter when they print.

So I just wanted to put out a word of warning, when printing these out, make sure that you are setting the computer to print at 100% of size... NOT fit-to-anything. I just spent several hours trying to browse and figure out how you guys were resizing these to be actual size and then realized the program I was using was fitting the picture to the page, making it much larger than actual size.

Note: The program I was having trouble with was Paint.NET