Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

The New Republic SRV-1

After completing the Imperial Troop Transport, I started looking back at some of the 80's toys from Star Wars, I came across some un-produced stuff. I have seen them before, but, for some reason. I got the idea to make the SRV-1.

untitled.jpg

1_-_eu_-_srv-1_-_recovery_vehicle_pic_2.jpg

It's a cool little vehicle used to recover snowspeeders, transport troops, or carry cargo.

1_-_eu_-_srv-1_-_recovery_vehicle_-_pic.jpg

Both cockpits open, cannons both rotate 180 degrees, bed tips, loading ramp folds up, and there is a winch in there.

1_-_eu_-_srv-1_-_recovery_vehicle.jpg

I really wish those windscreens came in trans-black, but, trans-blue doesn't look too bad, I guess.

This model is comprised of 768 pieces and holds 4 troops, a driver, navigator, and 2 gunners.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Thanks, Jamie

This variant of the vehicle looks very much like the GI Joe Havoc:

havoc_raised_iso.jpg

I made a version myself ten years ago; for more info on the original concept vehicle, just click here :-)

I really like this rendition, especially as you just have one picture to base it on. With a gazzilion snowspeeders released surely LEGO should see that they need some kind of transport to take the destroyed ones back to base? :wink::laugh:

Edited by HJR-Holland

Thanks guys!!

HJR, to me, it reminded me of the G.I. Joe Snow Cat. I had the Snow Cat and HAVOC both, the HAVOC always confused me, even as kid. Leaving the gunner exposed like that. I played with the idea of making it with wheels on the front, like the Snow Cat, as well as skies, like the Cobra Ice Wolf. But, having 2 sets of track work best. I have seen the pics you referenced to, too. I like the yellow version better. And, yeah, I agree, with all the Snowspeeders released, you would think there would be a repair/ maintenance vehicle for them.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

Thanks guys!!

HJR, to me, it reminded me of the G.I. Joe Snow Cat. I had the Snow Cat and HAVOC both, the HAVOC always confused me, even as kid. Leaving the gunner exposed like that. I played with the idea of making it with wheels on the front, like the Snow Cat, as well as skies, like the Cobra Ice Wolf. But, having 2 sets of track work best. I have seen the pics you referenced to, too. I like the yellow version better. And, yeah, I agree, with all the Snowspeeders released, you would think there would be a repair/ maintenance vehicle for them.

Jamie

Kenner & Hasbro, masters of leaving troops exposed in their vehicles... the Imperial Troop Transport was another such vehicle, leaving six troopers exposed on the flanks, in danger from sudden turns, low-hanging branches, and Rebel marksmen!

I was reminded of the Snow Cat, too, tho the Havoc is another good match. When you first posted it, I was tempted to ask if the cockpits can separate like the Cobra Stun, but looking again at the Kenner art I realized that wasn't the intention. So many Joeverse vehicles this thing resembles. Now I'm afraid I've gotta go back down the rabbit hole of looking at all that unproduced stuff.