Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

What do you expect?

I just noticed this new forum so...

Discuss what you expect to find in the LU game.

I expect a ton of n00bs as with all Online RPG's...

I also expect that you will be able to use ALL lego piecs to build in the workshop (See trailer)

Stauder...

I just noticed this new forum so...

Discuss what you expect to find in the LU game.

I expect a ton of n00bs as with all Online RPG's...

I also expect that you will be able to use ALL lego piecs to build in the workshop (See trailer)

Stauder...

I'm expecting it to be a heavily community themed game with the user creating new buildings, cars etc for other users to use. Almost in a simialir style to Second Life.

There is going to be a ton of kids on it who just abuse the game via unnesseccery swearing or activities such as that.

I would like different world (or themes) so one town is a modern City based world and another one is Lego Pirates themed world. You could for instance be driving around the Lego City to the nearest Space Centre and then flying up in a ship into Lego Space or perhaps to Mars that sort of thing, the possibilities are endless.

I'm not expecting n00bs. We'll have annoying kids between 10-11 and then there's the darkage period. So I'm hoping for a lot of afols instead :-D I do hope we can interract as groups and build whatever we want. I wander if there'll be some kind of value system to trade and such

I'm not expecting n00bs. We'll have annoying kids between 10-11 and then there's the darkage period. So I'm hoping for a lot of afols instead :-D I do hope we can interract as groups and build whatever we want. I wander if there'll be some kind of value system to trade and such

A trading system would be good as well as lots fo AFoLs, I sense a EB clan forming...

Another quick idea is that they could somehow intergate Lego Factory into the game so that if you like somebody's car design you can buy it online as a real set as well as buy it "in game."

I DEMAND an own server for players over 13. |-/ Or else we will have TONS of 7 year olds not capable of writing english.. :-|

LAWL Y HELO THAR N00B!!!112!one I RULZ U SUXORZ!!! :'-( :-|

An own AFOL/TFOL community for us would be nice. :'-)

That's typical.

The question is "what to expect?" and the first thing that (apparently) pops into everyone's mind is: KIDS.

Sure there'll be loads of kids - it's a LEGO universe. But why not focus on all the good things that'll be there?

I simply can't understand why You guys start out with a pessimistic view *n* *n*

IMHO the LEGO universe is going to be a great place with a sorts of entertainment.

Building and vehicle construction -- and TESTING. Perhaps as indicated in the trailer there'll even be as sort of RPG zone where one can fight skeletons and EVIL pirates (yes EVIL :-P ).

I for one am waiting for this to hit cyberspace with great anticipation.

SO PLS STOP YOUR USELESS AND SOMEWHAT PATHETIC FLAMING OF THE INTENDED BUYERS/PLAYERS - YES THE KIDS AGED 7-11.

KimT

I think servers will be devided by age, 1 for 7- one for 7-12 an one for 13+ !

Edited by Stauder@55

Nudesoosher...

*Cough*Ibethisfigisgonnabeallyellow*Cough*

I think servers will be devided by age, 1 for 7- one for 7-12 an one for 13+ !

Now that kind of comment does not make me like You.

Seems like Your semi-spamming days might soon be coming to an end.

Perhaps You should have a server of Your own.

KimT

EDIT: AND IT'S MISTER NUDESWOOSHER FOR YOU

I agree with Mister nudeswoosher.While thats hard to read it's understandable.

So lego universe is for creating and testing ideas?

I wonder if you have to put a screen name or your real name, but I bet some 6-year will still walk up to you saying, "My N4M3 !s n00b_pwner s0 ! pwn y0u! LoLz ^^" Why Lego?! Why?!?! :-|

Afol only server? Good exerpt where you gonna fit us? Eb's KFOLs? :'(

AFOL/TFOL. ;-)

And for you, Mister Nudeswoosher, I think you need to calm down! :-P No offence/pun/whatever negative intended.

I wonder if you can throw pizas at people like in island extreme stunts 2 (name?). That would be awesome. you could through pizzas at the stupid kids. die stupid 7 year old die!!!!!

*vader*

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

Luke-10-year-old, please keep the discussion at a somewhat mature level, and not bring in stupid comments like that. :-|

Thanks in advance....

I hope this isn't an indication of the interaction that will go on when Lego Universe starts...

Remember guys, just because this isn't the H&A forum or the Lego Theatre forum, doesn't mean you shouldn't treat it like you would treat them.

On topic-

This looks awesome. I think lots of people will enjoy this, and not only a bunch of 'n00bs'. (Lets not forget the difference between noobs and n00bs now...) It looks like fun, and something to keep off the boredom. Somewhat like Runescape (shudder) only a lot better. With the ability to make your own vehicles and houses, or have prebuilt ones from actual sets. I think it would be neat to have a range of vehicles, from hovering to flying to wheeled to mecha, organic or mechanical etc. Also, you may have to be a member of Lego.com to join, although that's not likely. When it comes out, you can bet you'll see iamded there!

and something to keep off the boredom

Have kids. You will never be bored again. You will learn to savour the times that you have absolutely nothing to do!

:-D I think I'll leave that for at least 10 years, 15 year old fathers are generally frowned upon here. :-P

I think it sounds great. I wonder if LEGO will put new sets in the world so you can look around them before you buy them, kinda like a 3D catalogue because they don't have enough photos on the LEGO website.

something i worry about is. Can you build whatever you want? I get the feeling they might just have preprogrammed models as it seems sort of farfetched that they can integrate any model into the environment (lego universe) with the kind of framerate we saw in the trailer. I also wonder if all pieces and minifigs would be available and what building techniques would be programmed. For example can hinges be set at any angle? Is there a team that would perhaps research new techniques using brickshelf, so our building capacity isnt too limited compared to building with our collections. I hope we can build anything we want but im not sure we can.

And if you encounter a noob just whip out an moc and Pwnz em! Half the fun of these games is pwning noobs.

also what do you expect the cost to be and how much Ram will be needed? I hope my computer can run it or that'll be it for me. I'll go postal... or Loco. Whichever's cooler.

Edited by john cleese

:-D I think I'll leave that for at least 10 years, 15 year old fathers are generally frowned upon here. :-P

Fair point :-)

Indeed.

And remember guys, pwning n00bs is fun, pwning noobs is wrong.

Noob - someone new to the game, they should be helped and nurtured, not picked on.

n00b - those people who think they know everything, and think they are awesome, and so much better than you, even though they really suck and are just plain arrogant. These people need to be taught a lesson, they need to be pwnt.

Indeed.

And remember guys, pwning n00bs is fun, pwning noobs is wrong.

Noob - someone new to the game, they should be helped and nurtured, not picked on.

n00b - those people who think they know everything, and think they are awesome, and so much better than you, even though they really suck and are just plain arrogant. These people need to be taught a lesson, they need to be pwnt.

Wrong. Newb is someone new to the game, they should be helped and nurtured, not picked on.

Noob/n00b is the same thing.

That's teh 13375|