sahidko

[MOC] Helm's Deep (WIP)

Hello guys,

I would like to share few picture of the current stage of my Helm's deep. It's still missing the rock formation on the left and also the amount of Uruks isn't sufficient yet.

I've also found out that i am not a good MOCker so don't be too cricital. :)

Anyway here we go:

fkhRES.jpg

KBBI7k.jpg

Nj5UJC.jpg

FReaEP.jpg

DhfUzM.jpg

Lyffg3.jpg

Thanks for your attention!

Nice start, is it possible to share some pictures from inside the keep? I am curious about the main courtyard and curwad walkway inside tha main wall. :)

Also are you planning to add an entrance to glittering caves?

It looks pretty nice, maybe , make the walkway a little more curved, keep up the nice work

Thanks, i tried and failed couple of times. If you have any video/turorial how to make curved roads i would really appreciate it. :)

Very nice work, the rock work is great!

Thanks! Built by trial and error method. :D

Nice start, is it possible to share some pictures from inside the keep? I am curious about the main courtyard and curwad walkway inside tha main wall. :)

Also are you planning to add an entrance to glittering caves?

I have to disappoint you but the walkway isn't there. Same as for the walkway in front of the gate i couldn't make it work and it just didn't feel right. Currently i have only normal straight stairs in place.

As for the entrance, i was thinking about it but unfortunately there isn't enough space between the tower and the inner courtyard.

Just to clarify, my main goal has never been a 100% accuracy as my building skills are not on the level needed. :)

Loved your MOC, how many Helm's Deep sets are there? I must say I am a little jealous of your Rohan army, did they come all from Bricklink? With the prices I wouldn't be surprised if the minifigs were more expensive than the pieces :wink:

I would definitly put this on display.. Keep up the good work!

I was just thinking about doing this last night. I still haven't built the official version and was thinking I'd use that as a baseline to build something larger, much like this. I'll definitely change mine compared to yours, but it has a similar idea.

I'd imagine a lot of the soldiers were from the Uruk Hai army set considering how many Uruks are there also.

I couldn't imagine the money needed to amass that type of army now since everything has been discontinued. I should have picked up more than 3.

Loved your MOC, how many Helm's Deep sets are there? I must say I am a little jealous of your Rohan army, did they come all from Bricklink? With the prices I wouldn't be surprised if the minifigs were more expensive than the pieces :wink:

I would definitly put this on display.. Keep up the good work!

Actually it's just one HD and one UHA. Everything else is from either BL or ebay. Fortunately most of them i bought when they weren't that expensive as nowadays but it still required much more money and orders than i planned at the beginning. :)

Looks awesome, great work! I can't wait to see it in its complete glory.

Thank you. :)

I was just thinking about doing this last night. I still haven't built the official version and was thinking I'd use that as a baseline to build something larger, much like this. I'll definitely change mine compared to yours, but it has a similar idea.

I'd imagine a lot of the soldiers were from the Uruk Hai army set considering how many Uruks are there also.

I couldn't imagine the money needed to amass that type of army now since everything has been discontinued. I should have picked up more than 3.

I had been thinking about it for a long time since i bought HD which was sometime in 2013. I have to admit it wasn't cheap so if there was any chance for third wave of LOTR i would probably have saved the money for that.

PS: i have some more Rohan soldiers and Uruks here: http://www.eurobrick...75#entry1970383 I wanted to combine these two scenes but later chose not to. Now i have to decide what to do with it.

Edited by sahidko

very nice Helms deep creation. it seem like bigger original TLC set but its OK for me, I would buy it with no doubt

very nice Helms deep creation. it seem like bigger original TLC set but its OK for me, I would buy it with no doubt

Heh it looks like that because that's how it started - by buying the original set and the slowly enlarging it a little bit. Glad you like it.