Tarpal

Lego Exo Suit Hangar Bay Diorama MOC

Please check out my latest MOC! Do feel free to comment as this is my very first attempt to do a MOC based on the Lego Classic Space theme.

The lego Exo suit reignited my interest for Lego Classic Space theme.

This MOC is built on a modular concept for easy transport and display. The size is 4 x 32 studs wide baseplate.

I have also added some 3rd party lite bricks for lighting effect.

Enjoy the pictures:

img_0540-0.jpg

img_0544-0.jpg

img_0591.jpg

img_0599.jpg

img_0539.jpg

img_0545.jpg

img_0541-0.jpg

img_0537.jpg

Edited by Tarpal

Great MOC, thanks for sharing. I like the use of yellow and grey parts, really brings out the hangar atmosphere. The hangar reminds me of Pacific Rim too.

Great MOC, thanks for sharing. I like the use of yellow and grey parts, really brings out the hangar atmosphere. The hangar reminds me of Pacific Rim too.

Thanks for the comments. Yes this really look similar to pacific rim except for the scale. Pacific rims have a much larger scale. Exo suits not that large compared to pacific rim robots.

Sweet build, this is front page worthy! This size is perfect and I see how you used some ideas form pacific rim. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words... Still lots to learn and improve from fellow members here!

Wow. That is an impressive build. Lots of nice details and color work. Really impressive.

that's a whole lot of grey bricks.

Inspired by the lego Exo suit release and wanted put the Exo suits in a diorama setting. Wanted to use light grey bricks but since Exo suit is mainly light grey, decided to use dark grey bricks to contrast them with Exo suits.... Yes used lots of dark grey Brock's and parts.

Thanks for the compliments!

That's a very nice hangar!

Not sure about the white and trans blue tower on the right though...

Thanks for the comments, wanted a control tower like structure and was a teaching how to build it.. Tinker a few times with the pylon like pieces and thought it turned out well..., any suggestion how to improve the white and trams blue tower?

A very cool moc, but I'm impressed by the lighting, nice one!

Thanks, wanted to add some lighting effects to this MOC. Did a search and found some lighting options which I used. Still looking at ways to improve the lighting effect as this is my very first use of light in a lego MOC. All suggestions welcome....

This diorama is awesome work - I dream of doing something like this for my exo-suits.

Thanks for the comments, wanted a control tower like structure and was a teaching how to build it.. Tinker a few times with the pylon like pieces and thought it turned out well..., any suggestion how to improve the white and trams blue tower?

I'd change the colour - it looks inconsistent with the colour scheme everywhere else in the diorama (more like a Futuron tower than the original CS grey-blue scheme. You could make the tower grey with trans-yellow windows for example...

Thanks, wanted to add some lighting effects to this MOC. Did a search and found some lighting options which I used. Still looking at ways to improve the lighting effect as this is my very first use of light in a lego MOC. All suggestions welcome....

What lights did you use? They are very evocative, and really add a lot to the scene. I'd see if I could get flashing yellow or red lights as well - you know, a warning light when the exo-suits are moving... ;-)

This diorama is awesome work - I dream of doing something like this for my exo-suits.

I'd change the colour - it looks inconsistent with the colour scheme everywhere else in the diorama (more like a Futuron tower than the original CS grey-blue scheme. You could make the tower grey with trans-yellow windows for example...

Used white and blue bricks or control tower as originally thought it fits the classic space theme.

What lights did you use? They are very evocative, and really add a lot to the scene. I'd see if I could get flashing yellow or red lights as well - you know, a warning light when the exo-suits are moving... ;-)

Bought the lights from http://www.liteupblock.com/

Holy crap, this thing is beast. I finally received my Exo-Suit yesterday, and I wish I had one of these hangars to display it in. Brilliant work!!

Awesome MOC! The detailing to the hangar is great!

Any intention to add living quarters for the spacemen?

Thanks for the suggestion. This is definitely in the future upgrade once I get more space by expanding by another baseplate or find some space to do up a quarters for the spacemen and even have a recreation room for them!

Loved this! Awesome job. The lighting, staging, and colors are perfect.

Thanks. The hangar needs light else will not bring out the true character of it!

Wow. Amazing work, congratulations. Agree with the control tower colour issue, white parts seems a liittle bitt odd, caught too much attention to my eye. Grey would be more appropiate.

Anyway, impressive display.

Wow. Amazing work, congratulations. Agree with the control tower colour issue, white parts seems a liittle bitt odd, caught too much attention to my eye. Grey would be more appropiate.

Anyway, impressive display.

Thanks for the comments, the white control tower seems an issue. Let me. See how to work around it. But do note sometime the control tower needs to be distinct in real life and not blend into the structure for functional issues. Ha ha

Wow! I have been working on a hangar for 6-8 suits- you set the bar very high. BTW I like the white tower- its like putting a little futuron in classic space. I will post pics when mine is done- still many weeks off.

Ha ha someone likes the white control tower! I have ordered the Frey parts to see if I can do a alternative dark grey tower to fit into the color scheme.

In the process will try to add some details if I can. My hangar fits 6 suits and oe on the yard crane. Will post updated photos once my parts arrive.

Looking forward to seeing your complete MOC and we exchange pointers!

Whow, you have so much of those!? I wish i only had one Exo-suit. Very nice and big, a shame the pictures are so bad.

Managed to secure a few Exo suits. My photography skills not good...he he. Will upload with better pictures once I update the control tower. Photos taken with a phone camera.

Exo suit should be readily available now in the market. Go hunt for it.

Yeah, i was thinking of getting one anyways. I think it's kinda pricey.

You don't really need better photography skills, just a better camera. Phone cameras in general aren't good. The pictures you posted are very dark and grainy and the lighting isn't very well, but as i said, still a very great MOC!

Yeah, i was thinking of getting one anyways. I think it's kinda pricey.

You don't really need better photography skills, just a better camera. Phone cameras in general aren't good. The pictures you posted are very dark and grainy and the lighting isn't very well, but as i said, still a very great MOC!

The boots are taken in a dark room without use of flash and uing the lights I. Stalled! For camera phone, I guess it turned out better than I expected it to.... Thanks for the comments... Keep tuned to this thread as I update it with a new tower and other details....