Sign in to follow this  
zactransport

I'm stuck with the building of the Set 10234

I am currently working on the expert set Sydney Opera House on LDD and I am stuck at a certain step. Would someone please help me with the next few steps. They are quite difficult and I cannot figure out how to connect them. I am stuck in Book 1 at step 28. I have attached the LDD file. Thanks in advance.

LEGO Set 10234 Creator Sydney Opera House 10234 (B1-S28).lxf

Edited by Calabar

Hi and welcome in the LDD section and in the Eurobricks forum.

I moved your request outside the LDD Official Sets topic, it is not the right place there to ask for help.

As a start, your building is "quite" challenging. Maybe you simply have to mature more experience with LDD before trying a set like this one.

Did you took a look at this set in the Official topic as inspiration?

The image you tried to insert in your post is not visible because it is on your local computer and not on the web. I removed your local path from the post above.

You have to upload it on some file hosting service and then link it inside the topic.

For LEGO purpose, I suggest you to use a LEGO related hosting site such as brickshelf or bricksafe: both are free and allow to store images and lxf files (and all other LEGO-related files).

Edited by Calabar

First put the 58846 upside down and its stud in the hole of 3176. To being able to do so in LDD, temporarily remove the 4216, rotate the 58846 to a perfect 45 degree angle and put the white 4216 back in place.

If you think that was difficult, wait until you'll build the roof shells (books 2 & 3): If you are not super-bulldog, you are likely to get lost in despair -- I at least got almost. And remember to save often, as LDD will probably crash abruptly.

Be glad you started with LDD and not LDraw. LDraw has more (older mostly) parts and more flexibility but it has a very steep learning curve. You'd be lucky to get 2 regular bricks joined together on the first try.

you are right,You'd be lucky to get 2 regular bricks joined together on the first try.thank you53.gif

Edited by kanjianpeo

First put the 58846 upside down and its stud in the hole of 3176. To being able to do so in LDD, temporarily remove the 4216, rotate the 58846 to a perfect 45 degree angle and put the white 4216 back in place.

If you think that was difficult, wait until you'll build the roof shells (books 2 & 3): If you are not super-bulldog, you are likely to get lost in despair -- I at least got almost. And remember to save often, as LDD will probably crash abruptly.

i am building the set with 4.3.8 in mac os 10.10.1

is there a known issue, i simply can not insert the stud of 58846 into 3176, the parts are perfectly aligned (45 degree). LDD simply won't make a match...?

thanks

i am building the set with 4.3.8 in mac os 10.10.1

is there a known issue, i simply can not insert the stud of 58846 into 3176, the parts are perfectly aligned (45 degree). LDD simply won't make a match...?

thanks

Admittedly it's a bit tricky. Please try the following approach (it shouldn't make much of a difference if you use the Windows or Mac version of LDD): Place a 3176 so that there is no interfering part near it. Make sure its studs show upward. Take a small part such as 6141 and put it upside down into the hole of the 3176, so that the stud of 6141 shows downwards. Put a 58846 (with the corner stud next to the X hole) onto that 6141: It will auto-align to 0 or 90˚, even if you had rotated it to 45˚ before. When it is attached to the 6141, rotate the 58846 to the appropriate 45˚ angle. Delete the 6141 and put instead a second 3176 ontop of the first 3176: It will attach to the 58846 if the angle is exactly 45.000˚. Then clean up and delete the first 3176, so that only the second 3176 and the 58846 finally remain.