dr_spock

MOD: 60052 Cargo Train

I've been working on MODing the 60052 loco to add PF lights. I first mocked it up in LDD using two recessed headlights (stacked) but when I started the physical MOD I found there just wasn't enough room to fit the LED pieces. So i reduced to a single light. I'll use the second LED to light the cab. To facilitate a centered headlight (while still using the stock curved slopes w/ chevron stickers) I expanded the nose to 5 wide. To correct the proportions a bit I extended the over length by 2 studs (1 extra stud at each end) and built some steps into the bogie trucks similar to PaperBallPark's MOD. I'm still in the process of buying parts from Bricklink but below are the LDD renderings. I'll update once everthing is physically built.

post-35750-0-10830900-1446143247_thumb.jpg

Edited by CDM

Hi CDM, nice mod! The steps look nice but the low nose is a little bit long. But youmight not have noticed it but this topic is more then a half year old. You might be not familiar with bumping old topics but as stating here: (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19004&st=25#entry776009) bumping isn't really allowed.

Hi CDM, nice mod! The steps look nice but the low nose is a little bit long. But youmight not have noticed it but this topic is more then a half year old. You might be not familiar with bumping old topics but as stating here: (http://www.eurobrick...=25#entry776009) bumping isn't really allowed.

I added to the thread because I felt I had something relevant to add and not just a 'great mod' comment. I also felt making, in effect, a duplicate thread would be frowned upon.

As for the long nose...I had to extend it to clear the railing studs but I suppose I could shift the cab forward by 1 stud to balance out the proportions. I might play around with it in LDD further before I order the remaining parts. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by CDM

I've been working on MODing the 60052 loco to add PF lights. I first mocked it up in LDD using two recessed headlights (stacked) but when I started the physical MOD I found there just wasn't enough room to fit the LED pieces. So i reduced to a single light. I'll use the second LED to light the cab. To facilitate a centered headlight (while still using the stock curved slopes w/ chevron stickers) I expanded the nose to 5 wide. To correct the proportions a bit I extended the over length by 2 studs (1 extra stud at each end) and built some steps into the bogie trucks similar to PaperBallPark's MOD. I'm still in the process of buying parts from Bricklink but below are the LDD renderings. I'll update once everthing is physically built.

Nice. Sometimes LDD and physical bricks don't match up. :wink:

I think there are prototypes for the long low nose like the Union Pacific SD40T-2 and the ALCO RSD locomotives.

You might be not familiar with bumping old topics but as stating here: (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19004&st=25#entry776009) bumping isn't really allowed.

And you should be familiar with using the report button. Than staff will decide what to do. There is nothing wrong CDM's post!

I realise that some may not support such a solution, and can completely understand this... however, this was my solution to the addition of the Lego LED lights... yes I did use glue and a drill... but I am very pleased with the results.

post-162440-0-54010100-1466697360_thumb.jpg

I realise that some may not support such a solution, and can completely understand this... however, this was my solution to the addition of the Lego LED lights... yes I did use glue and a drill... but I am very pleased with the results.

Nice! I am in the camp as you, I have drilled holes to light my Maersk engines, I think adding the lights makes a world of difference. I can appreciate the purist point of view too, I use the LEGO lights in my EN.

I search the part number for those smaller airhorns, can u give me them?

Somebody already answered question to this: 

Possible to give the setup of the lights, how they run under the hood?

Cause it seems Lego already made a tunnel under the cabin, but not under the nose piece.

Thanks!

Edited by Dragunov2