Hello there!

Here's my little creation - red monster truck. In fact, when I was biulding it, I didn't keep in mind the original red truck by Lego so it was not my intention to make them look alike (plus I don't have any other colours besides red so...).

All the controls are manual.

Features:

- full independent suspension

- manually openable doors and trunk

- HOG steering

- poorly designed interrior with one seat

- manually openable hood (via linear actuator)

- fake V6 (driven by rear wheels through the differential)

The whole photoset is here while here I think it would be more convenient to post only some of them.

Thanks.

15167913370_aaeb0f676d_c.jpg

15354293692_60774cb8b6_c.jpg

15168104307_45c090f1fe_c.jpg

Edited by dmitryq

Nice work. My only complaint is that the panel usage is a bit over excessive. All the gaps are filled nicely, but the bodywork doesn't flow well

Edited by Rishab N

Correction: The suspension isn't independent, since the left wheels are dependent on the right ones (they are rigidly linked).

Aside from that, nice model! I kinda agree with Rishab though, the bodywork could be smoother.

That's a nice moc. I agree, the panelling could be better but overall I like it. Love the wheel choice and the drive set up.

H :thumbup:

I really like the "hot rod" feeling....and those wheels simply looks amazing on it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you planning to add some motors? That would be nice

It looks like a 1920s truck pimped up to a monster truck, I like the hood, the white stripe and the fake engine.

I fear that the axles need at least one extra link, which would restrict the axles to swing sideways.

Thanks everybody!

Yes, I know, the bodywork is far from best, but it's the best look I've managed to achieve. I wish I had those flat red panels from the 42029 set.

Are you planning to add some motors? That would be nice

Unfortunately I don't possess any PF motors. If I had ones, I'd definitely use them.

I fear that the axles need at least one extra link, which would restrict the axles to swing sideways.

Yes, I'm aware of this, let's say, feature of the chassis, that's all because I don't have those spherical joints. But in fact this parasite swinging adds a little of extra flexibility, which is nice :)

Edited by dmitryq