Sign in to follow this  
Fordo

Fordo's French Army

Here is my Napoleonic Army in progress as some if it is not armed with muskets yet.

dsc00183.jpg_thumb.jpg

Heres a small kinda blurry pic of my Kitchen with part of my army.

Cuirassiers,

dsc00204.jpg_thumb.jpg

Murat, Jozef Poniatowski and the Old guard.

dsc00205.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc00201.jpg_thumb.jpg

The Guards Mamelukes.

dsc00184.jpg_thumb.jpg

French Infantry,

dsc00197.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc00198.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc00228.jpg_thumb.jpg

And some random parts and people still in the making,

dsc00231.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc00232.jpg_thumb.jpg

And my dogs in the mist of battle!

dsc00233.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc00234.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc00235.jpg_thumb.jpg

Heres the folder for all my Army.

(Edit by Phred: made links into thumbnail-links)

Edited by phred

Well it's about time you posted this.I've been waiting a while for this.

You have a wonderful army.Some closer pics would be nice.Oh yeah,your dogs look nice.

Edited by phred

After I come back from Virginia after two week's hopefully I'll get a new camera with better quality, then take better pictures and close-ups.

There are 80 troops in that bucket waiting to be armed along with 13 more in a current order.

Edited by Fordo

You made us wait a long time for these Mr. Fordo.

But it was worth the waiting.

You have an incredible army. Your Mameluk cavalry is fantastic.

That's something I don't have yet, but seeing yours, I'm gonna go to Bricklink right after writing this post.

dsc00184.jpg

I'm also looking forward to some better pics. If you make these with real daylight (in the garden) the quality will already be much better.

Edited by bonaparte

Excellent army - and very nice to see some of my bodies appearing! Will we be seeing any of your other Napoleonic armies?

Edited by Mosana

I have started with Prussian army and hope to have it 200 Strong by next year here's the current pictures.

I have just torso's so far I'm waiting for some 80 epaulette's I ordered and I'll need shako's yet again. :(

Edited by Fordo

You certainly have some impressive armies Mr Fordo! But where did that gigantic dog come from? X-D

I plan on posting the rest of the my French army using the British one in the future. Don't worry my dog isnt to big but he'd sure do damage to my army if he wanted. :-D

Edited by phred

For the french I have 80 armed infantry and 20 armed calvary, and I have 120 unarmed Infantry.

For the British I have 80 armed Infantry and 10 armed Calvary, and have 30 unarmed.

For the Prussians I have 80 unarmed Infantry.

So together 160 armed Infantry and 30 armed Calvary, with 230 unarmed Infantry, so if all were armed I'd have 420 troops all together.

For the french I have 80 armed infantry and 20 armed calvary, and I have 120 unarmed Infantry.

For the British I have 80 armed Infantry and 10 armed Calvary, and have 30 unarmed.

For the Prussians I have 80 unarmed Infantry.

So together 160 armed Infantry and 30 armed Calvary, with 230 unarmed Infantry, so if all were armed I'd have 420 troops all together.

What's the total amount of shako's you have a present day?

Just curious ;-)

Oh and I have another question.

What flags or standards did you use for your cavalry? It's hard to tell from the pics.

I would assume the different cavalry units (hussars, cuirrasiers, mamelukes, ...) had different flags.

I'm looking for some to download and print since I'm working on my French cavalry.

B.

Edited by bonaparte

I have 220 Shako's at the moment mostly on my French troops. For my Calvary I decided to change it up and use the first flag to the left on the bottem. I have preliminary pictures of my Prussian army here, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=260000 right now I have them all with brown epaulettes and heads just need 60 more Shako's and muskets (have 20 with Shakos already).