Sign in to follow this  
BlackStar

Emmet's apartment from The LEGO Movie

Hi everyone,

Recently I started working on recreating Emmet's apartment from The LEGO Movie. I have put up the project at LEGO Ideas (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/79366).

However, some mysteries remain, and I was hoping that people on these forums might recognize the bricks, or have any comments on where I could improve the model.

Edit: To avoid some confusion, I put in 3 renders from my model. The blurry pictures are from the movie :)

angle1.png

angle2.png

angle3.png

Mysterie 1:

The boiler/mirror in Emmet's bathroom.

I have no idea which bricks they used there. These are the only 2 shots of the toilet and the boiler/mirror

Also the toilet is barely in view. I used the buoy as they did in the movie, the rest is just improvisation.

myst1.pngmyst1_2.png

Mysterie 2:

The oven is not in view but there seem to be 2 grey bricks on top.

myst2_1.pngmyst2_2.png

Mysterie 3:

I think I might have solved the microwave already, but still I wonder if I used the correct brick for the window since the microwave

appears much wider than the refrigerator/freezer underneath. Also, the TV cabinet seems to have wall elements inside that are shorter

than 2 bricks.

myst3.png

I would greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Edited by BlackStar

These are great builds. Just ask the mods to move this to the 'Special Theme' Threads that where all the Lego Movie Related things belong.

Mysterie 1:

The boiler/mirror in Emmet's bathroom.

I have no idea which bricks they used there. These are the only 2 shots of the toilet and the boiler/mirror

Also the toilet is barely in view. I used the buoy as they did in the movie, the rest is just improvisation.

myst1.png

\

Faucet handels nobs look like Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth pieces.

4265c.jpg?0

Part No: 4265c Name: Technic Bush 1/2 Smooth

Could you enlarge the 3 digital pictures of your modular? Would like to see the details you've put into it :)!

Could you enlarge the 3 digital pictures of your modular? Would like to see the details you've put into it :)!

Here are 4 bigger renders :

render1.pngrender5.png

render4.pngrender6.png

There were some cool behind the scenes videos up online after the film came out which may help identify some areas. Not sure if it's the same stuff that's appeared on the disc mind you. You might want to check out tested.com as they had links to interviews with the animators

There were some cool behind the scenes videos up online after the film came out which may help identify some areas. Not sure if it's the same stuff that's appeared on the disc mind you. You might want to check out tested.com as they had links to interviews with the animators

You are AWESOME.

at 5:14.

Thank you!