Hi all.

Fist attempt at a large MOC, 2nd since getting into the afol community. I'd made a tree (larger than the one used here) and brother joked it would look good on bag end, then saw a youtube video of someone who had stretched the original set to fit all the dwarves. So here's my attempt.

It's made mostly from two unexpected gathering sets with some other bits thrown in for good measure. I have all the minifigs still to build. C&C welcome. Haven't quite the bit to 'smooth' out the walls so there's the odd random bricks but I have tried to disguise these. All in all it's taken a week to build around work and family commitments. I guess 12-15 hours.

Enjoy.

20140923_080557.jpg

20140923_080540.jpg

20140923_080644.jpg

20140923_080629.jpg

20140923_080658.jpg

20140923_080713.jpg

20140923_080723.jpg

20140923_080754.jpg

20140923_080824.jpg

20140923_080739.jpg

Thanks all :) I'll admit several parts of the interior were boarderline 'happy accidents' but I'm chuffed with it. The bed came out nicely too... the red bits especially only came the other day as a bonus to another purchase otherwise I think it would have been a plain flat one due to colours available.

Well done. I had planned to do something similar, only different. I wanted to extend a copy just to make more of a house, not necessarily to hold all of the dwarves, but that makes sense.

I like how you have arranged things. A lot of good details on the inside. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

Do you have an estimated cost for the project? I know how much 2 Bag End sets would cost, but I'm sure that doesn't include everything and I doubt you used all of the pieces from that second set.

Nice. When you get the dwarves, you might want to remove the benches around the table, so they all stand on the floor instead of the benches. Stupid, non-bendy short legs.

Nice. When you get the dwarves, you might want to remove the benches around the table, so they all stand on the floor instead of the benches. Stupid, non-bendy short legs.

Or do what I did, and obtain a second pair of regular legs in the appropriate color for each dwarf for sitting purposes only. :)

This is great! Loved all of the details of the individual rooms.

I accidentally bought an extra Bag End and decided to keep it and try to extend the original one, but haven't actually tried it. Yours is going to be a great source of inspiration!

This is a really lovely MOC - well done! I love the way it takes the spirit of the existing set (unquestionably one of the best of the Middle-Earth ranges) and enhances it. I'm not a fan of every change PJ made to the stories, but I think his Bag End captures the feel of the version in the books, and this great MOC captures Bag End in the films and the books in tiny plastic form. I like it so much, and it's been so well-received by my kids, that I may have to buy another UG set and see if I can manage something similar.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

As for total cost - almost complete bag end (1 dwarf missing but two bonus) got for about £50, 2nd no figs for £30, extra-figs and bits maybe another £30-40. Hard to tell as some were job lots/spares re-sold etc.

Really great job mate, I'd seen that same video and think (not disrespect to the YTer) your interior is probably more to my liking. I really like the layout, especially the way you've managed to create a little bit of and entrance hall! How many studs wider have you gone? Definitely need to do some work to mine now, even if its just foliage for now!

Side note: anyone found a solution to the ugly door (if seen from inside) The set is probably my favourite from the LOTR line but that door has always bothered me lol.

thanks guys, have all the dwarfs now so will try to get some fresh pictures soon and check the stud count. Not sure why some of the above photos have stopped, I've not done anything to them but they're playing up on photobucket as well.

Fantastic :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love how you expanded the official set. Especially the tree and the interior look great!

Nice table, with all these stuff...but as others said before: so sad that these dwarfs would look strange, standing around the table :laugh: maybe someday we get moveable short-legs...

Nice Moc overall :thumbup: