Kumbbl

Why no supercar MOCs are designed with rims of 8448?

Ooops, sorry Sheepo, i indeed overseen, that these models use the 8448 rims... well, i understand the rare+expensive-argument - on question: Am i right that these rims would allow best suspension geometry compared to the other rims of TLG?

Of course, I think the same as nicjasno, the 8448 rims are the best ones to do advances suspension geometry and brakes(in my case). The interior free space is huge compared with the tipical 56x34mm medium racing rim.

The rear wheel from the 8417 has a deeper inside than a Unimog rim and the tire looks kinda cool too. you'd have to buy 4 from Bricklink realistically though.

The 8448 wheels slide off the axle easily and also wobble on the axle slightly.

The tumbler rims are quite small and not very deep. but the tire is kinda deep.

For me the Williams f1 racer wheels are still the best. can somebody tell me what the inner diameter is in 'L' units?

Inner diameter of the Unimog rims is 5L, and the radius is 3L

Edited by SNIPE

That makes no sense...

It does. The net space diameter you have IN the rim is 5L. The radius of the rim itself is 3L making a diameter of 6L

It does. The net space diameter you have IN the rim is 5L. The radius of the rim itself is 3L making a diameter of 6L

Oh. It just seemed weird, and I haven't done anything with circles since last year, since I'm in PreCalc now.

Well. 2 or 3 L radius depending on if your counting the center hole as 1L

5L is the most I've been able to fit in them.

Edited by SNIPE

I would like to see Lego make a new wheel of that size that was properly designed.... Maybe just in a simple 5 spoke or something... That vegetable slicer design just doesn't appeal to me...

Was hoping the 42039 would have had some new wheels to work with, but it looks like that isn't happening...

Exactly! Would be nice to have a simple 5 spoke "alloy" wheel, like you see on real cars.

Hi,

sorry for digging up the old thread, but I think my questions fit here.

How deep are those rims? 2 studs?
Is the axle hole 1 stud long?
What is the usable diameter of the inner part of rim?

Thanks!