Bacon Potatoes

Avalonia Task 3- The Geography of Ambalar

See the Wondrous Countryside of Ambalar!

The Kingdom of Ambalar is situated on the island of the same name in the mystic isles and a small portion of land in the larger enchanted forest. The Isle of Ambalar is host to several different regions and biomes.

amabalar3.png

Compagre Cliffs (Central)

The center of the island rises considerably upward in altitude from the coastal regions. While not mountainous, there is a series of small cliffs pocketed with caves and waterfalls that gradually terrace up to the high point of the island. These cliffs, called the Compagre, can be somewhat of a problem from those attempting to access the mineral rich lands at the center of the island, so over the years paths have been cut as a means of safe travel. The high point of the island is a small plateau with very few trees or other large plants, but many rocks and boulders.

cliffs2.jpeg

The caves of the cliffs tantalize miners from all over the guilds with their mineral riches, and the several streams that flow through the region are full of gold nuggets. The rock is also commonly used as a building material and several quarries dot the cliff sides. The waterfalls of the region attract many travelers and are one of the most popular places in Ambalar.

cliffs.jpeg

Northern Forests

On the north side of the island, the Isle of Ambalar is coated in thick pine forests. These forests are a bountiful resource of lumber and many sawmills have been established in the area. This lumber is brought to the coast where it can be shipped all across Historica through the port of Mirameth, which was the first establish settlement in all of Ambalar. The forests are home to many species of woodland creatures and in the darker, more mysterious parts, magic is practiced.

forest.jpeg

Southern Plains

The southern section of the island is quite different from the north. There are no forests in this region, only rolling hills and gentle plains dotted by small farms. There are a few small hamlets in this area and the ruins of civilizations past.

farm.jpeg

Coastal Regions

The coasts of the the island consist of rocky cliffs with several small, fine, sandy beaches bordering the water. The coasts of Ambalar are patrolled by the Navy in order to prevent attacks on merchant vessels and invasions from the sea. A cool gentle coastal breeze makes these regions a pleasant and popular area to settle down and establish a homestead.

seaside.jpeg

Rocky Hallows (Enchanted Forest)

The area of the Kingdom of Ambalar settled in the enchanted Forest is unique due to the vast system of canyons cut into the rock by steams flowing from the center of the forest. This section of Ambalar is known as the Rocky Hollows. These streams gently flow through the forests to the sea, alternating between sharp rocky sides to smoother hollows as they flow along. Many travelers come to admire these spectacles, especially those from the Geological Society of Ambalar. It appears that the largest canyon, Lieber Canyon, has attracted a settler on the cliff.

canyon4.jpeg

A member of the geological society studies the canyon walls.

canyon2.jpeg

A small stream flows through the canyon, keeping close to the wall of rock.

canyon3.jpeg

Thank you for considering Ambalar for your next great vacation!

Note: I think that this should satisfy my task 3 for Avalonia, and I hope to post my tasks 1 and 2 sometime in the future.

Edited by Bacon Potatoes

Nice builds, keep on wanting to do some micro builds meself. Inspired me to do something similar for my task 3, hopefully mine will be as good. Oh nearly forgot to say welcome.