From the journal of Horatius Urga, Knight of the Body

The Urgaul Pact descended like a horde of rabid fiends upon Quataria City. With our administration in turmoil, their forces shredded through our vanguard and burst through the gatehouse. Our meager garrison was slaughtered in the street fighting that ensued, and the soldiers indiscriminately torched the metropolis to the ground. The most flourishing port in Quataria was razed thereat, and I fled to the desert, utterly defeated. Their patrols scour the jungles, and I fear my death and the end of the Quatarian commonwealth is nigh.

15112168389_b6f3e62c64.jpg

A contingent of bounty hunters advanced on Urga, who had sought shelter from the unforgiving dunes in a derelict watchtower nearly swallowed by the sands. The men wordlessly lunge at Urga, who is quickly grounded by their charge. Desperately brandishing his dagger, Urga is disarmed and beaten to the ground by the flat of their spears.

15298570992_1984fcc72c_n.jpg

The mercenary punctures Urga's skull, killing him swiftly.

15275899616_1bb3637ea9_n.jpg

An overview of the watchtower.

Well, I'm back with another moc. I was fairly satisfied with my desert landscape, but it could use a splash of dark tan. Furthermore, I also tested a different stonework technique, so please give me your advice. I think perhaps some smaller tiles may give it more variance. I intend to post my new sigfig soon, and as always C&C welcome and encouraged

I like the stone technique you used. The mix of texture bricks and 1x1 round plates works well IMO. I'm sorry to see this character of yours go. I liked the fig combo you used.

I think this wall texturing works better as it looks more solid. The trefoil bushes are a nice technique, how did you do that? The storyline is provocatively violent. Are we supposed to consider this an insurrection, or we simply have new trading counterparts? We are sorry to lose Sir Horatius.

Given the title, I would advocate a few splashes of dark or bright red 1x1s to bloody it up.

Cool build, nice detail on the watchtower.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :classic:

I like the stone technique you used. The mix of texture bricks and 1x1 round plates works well IMO. I'm sorry to see this character of yours go. I liked the fig combo you used.

Thanks, my ideas were getting a little stale though, I have some better ideas for my new sigfig

Very nice building and landscape.

Thanks Aland

That tower looks awesome! :thumbup:

Thank you

The tower looks great and I really like the door. The one part I'm not sure of is the flat roof with studs showing.

Thanks, I agree that maybe some tiles would make it a little more visually appealing

Very cool build and story :) love the texturing of the wall and around the windows :)

Thanks Lenjoy :classic:

Nice texturing!

Glad you think so, I'll be certain to use it again

I think this wall texturing works better as it looks more solid. The trefoil bushes are a nice technique, how did you do that? The storyline is provocatively violent. Are we supposed to consider this an insurrection, or we simply have new trading counterparts? We are sorry to lose Sir Horatius.

Given the title, I would advocate a few splashes of dark or bright red 1x1s to bloody it up.

Thanks for the advice Robuko. The Urgaul Pact was a splinter insurgency of the Principality of Quataria. Therefore, it was essentially a foreign entity seizing some Kaliphlin land (I will come back to this eventually). Regarding the trees, I will post a picture tomorrow as it's difficult to explain without one.

Beautiful corner design scaevola. Nice texturng also! Well done

Thanks Gunman

Nice tower! Love all the details on it. Nice work!

Thank you Alf

On another note, this picture should more or less explain how to make the trifoil plants

/15310210745_beb79563b4_n.jpg

Edited by Scaevola

I love the title of this topic, though, like robuko, I was surprised not to see any blood.

The visual texture you've created is just gorgeous. The second floor in particular has such nice part and color choices.

Very nice, a really sweet Kaliphlin build and my I dare say your best so far. The doors are very cool and the different building techniques used for the first and second story really work well together. I like the texturing of the surrounding sand too. I would suggest some more work to the roof, perhaps just a small a rise around the edge and tiles covering the rest. Otherwise, great job!

This looks good, I'd have to say I like the second floor a lot more texture wise.

Thanks Carson, I actually made this building like that to compare the two textures. I wholeheartedly agree :classic:

I love the title of this topic, though, like robuko, I was surprised not to see any blood.

The visual texture you've created is just gorgeous. The second floor in particular has such nice part and color choices.

Thank you Sarah

Excellent work here! It has a very Kaliphlin feel to it. :)

Thanks Jakorin

Very nice, a really sweet Kaliphlin build and my I dare say your best so far. The doors are very cool and the different building techniques used for the first and second story really work well together. I like the texturing of the surrounding sand too. I would suggest some more work to the roof, perhaps just a small a rise around the edge and tiles covering the rest. Otherwise, great job!

Thanks ME for the praise and C&C. I'll make sure to experiment a bit with the roof techniques some more :classic:

One of your best buildings yet in my opinion, I like how you included doors here :thumbup:

That trifoil plant design is neat too :classic:

One of your best buildings yet in my opinion, I like how you included doors here :thumbup:

That trifoil plant design is neat too :classic:

Thanks soccerkid, glad you think so. You're always going to hold that door omission over me aren't you :wink:

All the different textures make this build stand out. I agree with SK that this is one of your best yet.

Great tower! I really like how you are developing your own destinctive style with those dark tan pieces!

Great work Scaevola! Love the tower and the trees are simple but work like a charm. The doors are awesome to!

The only thing that I would maybe add is some 1x1 tiles of a darker color on the ground to give it a little more texture.

Again, great work! :wink: