Sign in to follow this  
dtomsen

[MOC] DSB Litra MK (7-wide shunter)

Presenting another Danish shunter...

The Danish State Railways (DSB) first radio controllable shunter Litra MK was built in Germany by Siemens from the year 1996 to 1998. 25 were built in all. All but one shunter were transferred to DSB subsidiary Railion in 2001 and DB Schenker Rail in 2007.

My LEGO model is my second attempt at the Litra MK and is the DSB Gods version.

Scale: 1:54

Lenght: 26 studs

Width: 7 studs

Bricks: 410

Motortype: PF

Model built: 2013-14

The stickers are homemade again.

15110772457_c4d91aa600_b.jpg

Lots of somewhat fragile greebles.

15110623680_94eeaf01f8_b.jpg

No room for the driver in the cap :sweet:

15110620440_ed069835f9_o.png

Only PF can be used to run the model and requires one 9v battery connected by custom adapter to the Power Functions M-Motor. Pull and speed are acceptable.

15274283176_daf1f0a92a_o.png

Edited by dtomsen

Quality self-adhesive labels printed by a copy shop and then cut by myself to fit

Edited by dtomsen

Very high quality build! I would love to see how you hooked up that 9v battery to the power functions parts though!

Love it!

-RailCo

The 9 volt battery is something thatI have considered using on a few MOCs that I built but have never thought that it would deliver the power that I need. The details on the shunter are very nice. Great job.

Great work ...the details under the main body are gorgeous, I especially love the ladders :wub:

The 9 volt battery is something thatI have considered using on a few MOCs that I built but have never thought that it would deliver the power that I need.

The 9 volt battery is ok for little shunter where the battery life is not the most important thing:

overlord_wd42-001.jpg

overlord_wd42-012.jpg

tmiii-02.jpg

tmiii-20.jpg

kof-01.jpg

I love these compact shunters.

Great work on chassis and integration of PF.

If I dare to suggest an improvement I'd prefer cab windows one plate lower and with stickers to look like TLG's train windscreens.

Nice build!

I know how hard it is to incorporate Lego electronics into small builds.

In my current project I am building my version of the Norwegian shunter SK 223 trying to incorporate 2 M motors, a decoupling mechanism as well as PF receiver and battery in a train that has a 4 wide body and 20 stud length.

Will post pictures soon, hopefully I will finish it before LFW in Skaerbaek, Denmark this coming weekend.

Brick on!

Nice build!

I know how hard it is to incorporate Lego electronics into small builds.

In my current project I am building my version of the Norwegian shunter SK 223 trying to incorporate 2 M motors, a decoupling mechanism as well as PF receiver and battery in a train that has a 4 wide body and 20 stud length.

Will post pictures soon, hopefully I will finish it before LFW in Skaerbaek, Denmark this coming weekend.

Brick on!

Thanks!

I'm going there too as an exhibitor and taking the shunter with me, so find me and I will let you have a close look at it if you want :classic:

Edited by dtomsen

Very clever build, fit all PF elements into that small place.

Maybe if you use a simple PF train motor, putting wheels only to one axle holder (creating a 1A axle arrangement) you can save some place for LEGO battery box.

On 9/23/2014 at 11:57 AM, Ashi Valkoinen said:

Very clever build, fit all PF elements into that small place.

Maybe if you use a simple PF train motor, putting wheels only to one axle holder (creating a 1A axle arrangement) you can save some place for LEGO battery box.

Thanks!

Even with a PF Train motor there would still not be room inside the shunter for a four studs wide Battery Box...in addition to the lower chassis only being one to two plates high.

Edited by dtomsen