Sign in to follow this  
kofi

[MOC] The Hobbit: Lake-Town

Hi there,

after my first "The Hobbit" MOC I just finished my next one! This time the story is set in Lake-town!

I think most of us have heard in the near past about the petition "Safe LEGO Lord of the Rings". So with this MOC I want to show you and especially TLG that it is worth to continue this theme!

Hope you enjoy!

For more pictures please visit me at Flickr!

15109787049_416e9a9a20.jpgLake-Town 10 by LF_kofi, on Flickr

15110004817_c2bb8661ee.jpgLake-Town 6 by LF_kofi, on Flickr

15273531066_d797faa7f1.jpgLake-Town 3 by LF_kofi, on Flickr

Edited by kofi

The water is made of about 2500 pieces of 1x2 trans-black bricks. The reflections came from the light bulb - I realized this after looking at the pictures on my notebook!

This really captures the essence of Laketown. Such a contrast to Dale as it was before Smaug's attack. Very nice detail. The effect of ice floating on the water is also impressive.

I really like the ice floating on top of the water. That is very fitting for the town.

The buildings definitely look realistic vs the actual set in terms of how they look in the movie. But I like the smoother finish on the official set. But I'm weird like that.

But I like what you did here. Very worthy addition to Save LOTR.

Very nice view from the top in picture 6! The work with tiles and the water are awesome. Congrats!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! This definitely encourage me to start building right now again! Thanks a lot!

+++Update+++

I had the possibility to display my Lake Town MOC in the LEGO Store in Vienna SCS!

15250574087_ecdd36be72.jpgLEGO Store Vienna SCS by LF_kofi, on Flickr

Many thanks to the Store Team for the friendly and amazing cooperation!

I like the Dark Dank winter water created using the Trans black pieces, Nice floating ice effect too. :thumbup:

This is a really nice looking build, kofi! Congratulations on displaying it at the LEGO store.

I really like the water, as others mentioned above. I have been planning a similar idea for some time and I am glad to see how good it looks in your build. The trans-black works perfectly for cold winter gloomy water. I also like the tiles everywhere. They give the place an old, run-down feeling. The little statues in the alcoves of the entrance arch are very interesting.

Nice work, and keep on brickin'!