Sign in to follow this  
Alex_South

Bionicle 2015 Plot (My version)

Mata Nui left his children to fend for themselves in a new and dangerous world. The plot is set hundreds of years in the future. The Toa mata are now the only remaining guardians of the matoran. The mysterious Skull Krata horde from bota magna has driven all living creatures back behind the great wall while killing most of the other characters. The Toa, now masters of their elements have fashioned an army of Protectors that help them keep the matoran safe, The circular wall is split into six elemental sections, each one guarded by a Toa. Legend tells of a Mask of Creation, the Toa realize that they have a chance to create a world safe for the matoran to live in. They venture forth to find the Mask, their conquest takes them out into the wild unknown of spherus magna.

The quest for each Toa's golden konohi would help lead them to the location of the Mask of Creation. Upon completing their individual quests the Toa reunite and combine their golden mask powers to find the location of the Temple of Creation. The masters each gather their army of Protectors and march for a final confrontation with the Skull Krata at the Temple of Creation that will decide the worlds fate.

In the final battle against the Skull Krata horde, the Toa truly show their heroic nature, fighting for the fate of spherus magna. Their armies are exhausted and the heroes begin to fall one by one. As each Toa falls their final act brings their brothers closer to their goal. Gali falls defending Tahu from a fatal blow, then Onua perishes lifting the gate to the Temple of Creation. Tahu rushes forward in blind wrath, leaving his team behind. Pohatu falls trying to reach Tahu and talk reason into him. Kopaka is moved at the death of his friend but the ice Toa resolutely sets himself to the final task. Tahu has battled far ahead towards the the Temple’s center with his power of shielding, burning his way toward his goal. There are several masks of Creation on pedestals. Only one leads to life while the rest to death. Tahu cannot tell which is the real one. Kopaka uses his Akaku to spot the fakes. Lewa and Kopaka are surrounded and begin to take hits from all sides. Before they are overrun, Lewa uses his power of air and levitation to send Kopaka hurtling towards Tahu.

Kopaka lands and uses the fury of his ice storm to clear a path for Tahu, telling his leader which mask to grab. Kopaka dies nobly battling back the horde as Tahu rushes up the final steps to the Mask. Tahu reaches the Mask of Creation and dons it, becoming the most powerful being in the universe. He rids spherus magna of the Skull Krata threat then sets his fallen brothers and sister in the stars as the new guardians of the matoran. He explains to the chronicler (Whatever matoran character that is the main this season), that the Toa Mata will forever guard the matoran and grant the power of the Toa to 6 new worthy matoran to continue on their legacy. Tahu turns and joins his friends in the stars forming a new constellation. Their constellation is in the shape of the unity duty destiny symbol. Thus the Toa Mata’s mission is complete from a certain point of view as they collectively become a new Mata Nui for all of creation. The season ends as the great spirits reappear in their respective villages before 6 young matoran, beginning a new saga of Bionicle.

This is how I would write the Bionicle plot if I could. I hope you guys like it.

Alex South

Edited by Alex_South

What's your take on why the Nuva have changed back into Mata in your version?

Also, paragraphs please XD. I think the wall of text melted my brain :P

Oops I am so sorry haha. I promise I format better, I just got lazy this morning. I found the edit button. I shall fix it.

I was just referring to the Toa as mata, I did not realize they were still referred to as Nuva after the Mistika Phantoka thing. I think the explanation for their new looks will be that the adapting armor they were given has evolved over hundreds of years of combat and now has settled on one ultimate form, they all look like seasoned knights and warriors, I really like the leaked prototype pics.

So they are still the Nuva in my continuity but I am reffering to them as Mata to hearken back to their initial purpose which was being the protectors of the great spirit which now just means protecting the Matoran.

As to why I think Lego has dropped the Nuva title? You could say that years of being the sole heroes of a world without Mata Nui has just turned them into Masters of their elements, no longer Toa, since that was an order of an age long gone.

Edited by Alex_South

Yeah, I'm still hoping for a continuation of sorts, despite their mata-esque looks. Adaptive armour would be the easiest explanation, lego wouldn't even have to say how they got it, just say "these guys can change how their armour looks" That would also justify the inevitable redesigns in the coming years, when they need to sell more toys. :laugh:

3 or 4 more interpretations of the Toa Mata is honestly my main fear, and why I want the original Toa's story arc to end in 2015. My personal opinion is that for us fans of the Mata and Nuva, this is it. This is the best interpretation we will ever get that melds both those years into one look, using the new constraction system. I wont mind how new generations of Toa look because they will be new toa not the ones that were my favorite.

I want the story to set these iterations of the Toa in stone, as their final look (I personally love the new look and think that it does a great job of bringing back my nostalgia, Lewa's axes, Tahu's face, and Kopaka as a whole).

Edited by Alex_South

Yeah, I want new toa next year as well. I fell that sticking to one team for its entire run was one of HF's biggest failing. I was honestly bored of the characters by the end. (also because I rreeaallyy want toa of other elements).

Though I would prefer if Pohatu's final version actually had Tan, but whatever.

Yeah some of the coloring seems to be off, I am hoping things look better once we see them on video reviews. I think a completely new team comprised of new elements would be great. I would like to see electricity, metal and maybe an element of vacuum or something, a being controlling protodermis would be cool. I would like to see the Mata become mentors for a new generation of Toa fighting crazy new things we have never heard of on this new world of spherus magna or on some other world.

My ideal alternative team is: Plantlife, Plasma, Psionics, Iron, Sonics or Gravity, and Lightning. Not sure how a toa of vacuum would work, since a vacuum is the absence of stuff.

Haha yeah vacuum might be more villain and black hole stuff. Since its like the anti air. I think those ideas are great. I would even like a trio, maybe they don't need 6, like lightning sonic and iron would be super cool.

I wouldn't mind if they got three main heroes and shifted to making more villains.

Edited by Alex_South

It's no just anti air, its anti everything XD. Nothing exists in a vacuum. But thinking about it, the next wave might be almost all villians, if we're going back to Bionicle's formula. I hope they explain whether or not the protectors are Matoran though.

That is true. I was wondering about that but the whole skull Krata thing confuses me, will be get a summer release of villains or is one big spider and a horde of little mini ones going to be the villain for the year.

Good story Alex South! I wonder that the Toa Mata will reach their fate against the Lord of the Skull Spiders for Spherus Magna... :)

Edited by Chimaninja454

Thanks chima! My story idea isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I am glad you enjoyed it. I am super excited about the new figures. Kopaka is like a dream come true.

Thanks chima! My story idea isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I am glad you enjoyed it. I am super excited about the new figures. Kopaka is like a dream come true.

But it reminds me of Kratos' death from God of War III... I suppose.. :)

Sorry guys!

BIONICLE 2015 is sadly. a reboot of the seriesm and it looks a bit similar to the 2001 storyline. It is set in the mythical island of Okoto, and the Mask of Creation is carried by Ekimu, while Makuta wears the Mask of Control, and he is transformed by using the Mask of Ultimate Power. And the Toa/Masters must search for the Masks of Power (the gold version of their masks) in order to proceed to find the MoCr and MoCo and then defeat Makuta, who wars the MoUP.

Hope you enjoy the reboot..... :classic: