Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

MOC: Rescue Train Car

Presenting my Rescue Train Car MOC

I made this on suggestion from Lightningtiger that my fire train needed more cars. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100199

Plus I like unique railroad equipment and am going through a "Train Age" in my LEGO life. :laugh:

zephyr1934 found a nice article on fire & rescue trains: http://wildfiretoday.com/2010/08/24/fighting-fire-with-a-train/

This MOC is based off a Swiss tunnel fire rescue train. The rescue car is used for evacuating passengers and the injured to a safe location while the fire equipment and water cars stay behind to fight the fire. My MOC has room for one minifig on stretcher, 3 sitting and 6 standing. Play features include crane for lifting stretcher, openable doors, drop down ladders/steps, and removeable roof for accessing interior. There is a cabinet to store medical and other supplies.

15279254071_04e8faa5c4_c.jpgRescue Train Car by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Crane to lift patient stretcher onto car:

rescuetrain2.jpg

Car interior:

15095802097_603ffe0902_c.jpgRescue Train Car Interior by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Smiley fireman says I am here to save you.

rescuetrain4.jpg

nice windhoff MPV there. I'm working on an 8wide maintenance version.

Thanks. How is your 8 wide MPV coming along? I see you like to build MOW equipment too.

Does it have PF.

Also great work.

Thanks. Yes, the equipment car is designed to take PF. The battery box and IR receiver fits inside. You lose the storage space behind the large white doors. There is a 2x2 square hole in the roof for the IR to see the beam. Replace the rear boogie with the PF train motor and you're good to go. Here is a pic of the PF from my 60052 Cargo Train installed in it. IR receiver sits on top of the small storage boxes and the battery box fits in between them. Going to order more PF stuff next month for Double VIP points October.

Picture24228_zps6c3d73c0.jpg

Nice work! I bet that train really hauls around the track.

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to put out the loop of tracks to run it around yet.

Nice work!

Now you need a police wagon dr_spock! ;-)

Thanks. Is there such a thing as a police wagon train?

Thanks. How is your 8 wide MPV coming along? I see you like to build MOW equipment too.

Very slowly. Will be a long work in progress, no quick building for me. I'm stuck on to things at the moment:

1: the crane for the pile rammer

2: the white side sheilds.

$ and time big constraints for me, not much of either.