eurotrash

MOC: Noodle Shop & Downtown Museum

Noodle Shop and Downtown Museum

As my Oriental district expands in my city I decided I need to build a Noodle Shop, but a 32-wide version seemed to be too large and what I really wanted was a narrow hole-in-the-wall kind of place that looked like it had been there forever so to fill in the rest of the baseplate I added a Downtown Museum.

15259122381_f7953dda79_c.jpg

Here's a shot of the facade.

15239190006_c1878dab21_c.jpg

And a close up of the sign - complete with two chop sticks and a scrumptious piece of Tofu (Yummy!)

15261838382_97ac1134b5_c.jpg

There are wall mounted cooking utensils and pots, a single stove, sink, fridge and food containers together with standing tables along both walls.

15075729047_d2cd642da4_c.jpg

15261895662_ab11a3ea4c_c.jpg

In the Museum there is an eclectic mix of artifacts from a number of eras and Lego themes.

15261867522_7de8706e4c_c.jpg

And one of the display cabinet contains an "Evolution of the Hand" exhibit :classic:

15239258656_b1ffae2633_c.jpg

One final interior shot

15075490969_e82d75a06d_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Comments, criticism and ridicule most welcome!

Nice! I like the sign for the noodle shop, good work (I suppose the bars used for sticks isn't available in tan?).. Perhaps the museum could have a wall mounted AC above the door on the outside to keep the temperature just right for the precious things displayed (and also to break up a bit of the "lime wall syndrome" :classic:)

I love your new building! I really like the rice bowl and shopsticks sign, it's very ingenious and the result is great! Nice details in both the interiors also, great job as always!

I really like your builds. Great interiors (especially like the use of the windscreen) ,not over the top externally. Suggest use of tan light sabres for chop sticks though. The only element i don't like is the round yellow brick.

Perhaps the museum could have a wall mounted AC above the door on the outside to keep the temperature just right for the precious things displayed (and also to break up a bit of the "lime wall syndrome" :classic:)

Good point! I had managed to score a bucketload of Lime green bricks for about $0.03 per brick so I was determined to use them. In hindsight I used too many of them :classic:

The only element i don't like is the round yellow brick.

You don't like Tofu? Inconceivable!

Thanks for all the comments. I certainly had fun building it.

The framing of the facade around the storefronts and the brown brick-work is lovely to look at. The texture on the wall at the noodle shop is nice and the sign above is so clean!

I like it, though just a thought, your museum could also work as a junk shop/antiques parlour, to compliment your run down town.

You don't like Tofu? Inconceivable!

Thanks for all the comments. I certainly had fun building it.

ah is that what it is. Wookiees are carnivores...