Regenerate builder

[MOC] Sable Cathedral

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on Eurobricks as well as my first MOC ever. I have enjoyed reading through the historic theme pages for the last year. It was partially eurobricks that helped bring me back to Lego and showed me that is is okay for adults to like love Lego! So thank you to everyone involved on this site. Believe it or not it was Castle 2013 that initially brought me out of my dark ages (although now it is probably my least favorite era I own). I have since finished collecting the Kingdoms sets, Dragon Masters (which are the first Lego sets I received when I was seven), LOTR and the Hobbit. I have bought a lot of Legos this last year :grin:.

I never used to think that I would build MOCs. I thought I would always leave sets built the way they were "supposed" to be. However, in the last several months I had a change of heart and decided that I would give MOCing a try. The beautiful creations on MOCpages.com helped encourage me to MOC as well. I am now another Bricklink addict. I also used several of my own sets on this MOC. Though I know the usual advice is to start MOCing small I wanted to make something big and magnificent so I would be excited to continue building afterward.

This build took me about 16 hours and there are roughly 7,000 pieces in it. I used a 48x48 baseplate and two 6x24 plates on the left side. Alas, there is no interior. I had a difficult time making this structurally sound with the amount of detail in it and adding an interior on top of that was too daunting for me on my first MOC. I chose black because it is different from the norm as far as the castle theme goes and I think it is classy. I am not exactly sure why I chose a cathedral. I did want to do something different from the common castle. I got this idea of a beautiful cathedral in my head and I ran with it. So here it is. I appreciate any advice or criticism you folks can give me as I know there are many experts on this site. Thanks for looking!

p1020484.jpg

p1020489.jpg

p1020435.jpg

p1020502.jpg

p1020493.jpg

I apologize for some of the pictures being fuzzy. I am still working on the best way for me to take pictures of Legos which is why there are a couple different backgrounds and lighting, etc.

Again, thanks for looking! If you would like to see more pictures and details of this MOC please visit my Brickshelf page at http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=547643

Edited by Regenerate builder

Exquisite, Sublime, how else can you describe a masterpiece of the grand scale. This is the way to introduce yourself. Brilliant job!

I wouldn't say it is amazing, because this word is inadequate... I can't say how it is good :)

High towers crowned with cross, stained Glass it makes your moc realy faithull. I like details.

You said It took you 16 hours. Do you mean only building?

Did you make project of this? If yes how much time did it take you?

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! I really did enjoy building this. The building time itself took me approximately 16 hours however the planning, time spent on bricklink, and time spent daydreaming were many times that number :tongue:. I must say, I am glad I can stop daydreaming about this project.

Congratulations for your job with the bricks in this MOC. I like big projects that need planning and motivational stuffs and this is a very good way to improve our hobby and our techniques like AFOLs. I hope see more from you here.

This is so wonderful, it deserves to be a feature article. I really like gothic architecture and the stained glass is just gorgeous. The black is pretty unique, but it does work well. :thumbup:

Beautiful, truly beautiful.

I can't concieve how building something like this is even possible. It's astonishing.