tedbeard

[MOCs] Some 6-wide vehicles

I need to fill a car ferry for a display that is upcoming so I thought I would put together some cars and trucks that I have been meaning to try for a while.

Anyway, after a week of building I ended up with six new vehicles. Five MOCs and one using instructions from a couple of years ago (black SUV) that I never bought but had the parts to assemble.

15057281487_d5cc16cc52_m.jpg 15057326128_406cfcfd4a_m.jpg 15057246940_f4d2ddaedf_m.jpg

I was surprised I had the dark green parts to make two trucks and I was especially pleased with my "Rover" with the canoe on top.

Sorry for the crappy iPad pics. :shrug_oh_well:

Nice vehicles! The cars in the middle aren't MOCs, though, but recreations of the Ford Anglia (from a Harry Potter set) on the left side. The model (of a car which is rather small in reality) is nice but unfortunately much too big and especially much too tall within the usual Town scale, I doubt that you will be able to combine it with the other vehicles on a ferry.

The "Rover" on the right is quite nice, though the nose seems a bit long, the front should be recessed a little which seems to be possible.

But what I really love are your trucks which have a very original design. Colour is great, too. Always nice to see some Town vehicles that look a little unusual. :thumbup:

These are very nice, I like the one with canoo the best.

Thanks, I was very pleased with that one.

Nice vehicles, the canoe SUV is my favourite to!

Was the darker red section on the fender of the red car intentional?

Thanks, and no the dark red was not intentional originally but I did not have the rounded slope peice in red so I used a dark red one as a patsy. Once it was done I thought it looked kinda "rusty" and aged so I added the dark red 1x1 round to make a rusted corner.

Nice vehicles! The cars in the middle aren't MOCs, though, but recreations of the Ford Anglia (from a Harry Potter set) on the left side. The model (of a car which is rather small in reality) is nice but unfortunately much too big and especially much too tall within the usual Town scale, I doubt that you will be able to combine it with the other vehicles on a ferry.

The "Rover" on the right is quite nice, though the nose seems a bit long, the front should be recessed a little which seems to be possible.

But what I really love are your trucks which have a very original design. Colour is great, too. Always nice to see some Town vehicles that look a little unusual. :thumbup:

MOC/MOD: I could have described it better (as was done on the Flickr page). I may try to tweak the Rover at some point and it is technically a MOD as well I suppose as the undercarriage is the same as the SUV.

I did have fun on the trucks and it was nice to see that my careful hoarding of dark green paid off.

Very nice vehicle designs. They will sure fill it.

Thanks, I will add a picture when I get them loaded. :classic:

I like the one with the canoe. Is it a B.C. Ferry?

Thanks. The ferry is based on the old MV Mill Bay which did the short Brentwood-Mill Bay run.

Here is an old picture of the ferry when it was new:

2877066695_947d81ca23_m.jpg