cesbrick

[MOC] - Task 4 - Grey Beard Wizard's Cottage

Gosh, this thing is a beauty! :wub:

I really really love all the detailing and even though personally I'm not a huge fan of the 'Derfel and Legonardo building style' you achieved something great here (and might have convinced me that you can really use those techniques to something beautiful). This is a stunning MOC and I have no idea where you've been the last years!

The color scheme is soo cool, stellar vegetation and all the little details such as the telescope totally won me over! :wub: I'm always trying to give some constructive criticism but here I'm not finding anything at all.. I guess I have nothing to add :laugh:

One final question though - and I know that its one that every builder hates :blush: : How much time did you spend on this beauty?

Keep up the great work! :thumbup: (Also I really like how your photography improved from the last build!)

Fantastic build ces... You are one of the best builders in here, keep on amazing us! You do an amazing work dude :)

Edited by Gunman

Excellent moc, the roof is superb and the varying landscapes around it is so well appointed :thumbup: :thumbup:

+1 UoP DoH for your first four claims. (You can claim a maximum of four per. build :wink: )

thanks Scaevola. And I'm aware now of the limit of 4 :)

This is brilliant, one of the best mocs I've ever seen in GoH!

Many thanks BrickCurve. Glad you like it.

Gosh, this thing is a beauty! :wub:

I really really love all the detailing and even though personally I'm not a huge fan of the 'Derfel and Legonardo building style' you achieved something great here (and might have convinced me that you can really use those techniques to something beautiful). This is a stunning MOC and I have no idea where you've been the last years!

The color scheme is soo cool, stellar vegetation and all the little details such as the telescope totally won me over! :wub: I'm always trying to give some constructive criticism but here I'm not finding anything at all.. I guess I have nothing to add :laugh:

One final question though - and I know that its one that every builder hates :blush: : How much time did you spend on this beauty?

Keep up the great work! :thumbup: (Also I really like how your photography improved from the last build!)

Thank you very much for your words and I really aprecciate that you like it. :) I m a big fan of the fantasy and medieval world and indeed Legonardo and Derfel were and still are one my main inspiration sources. Just love their mocs and their style of building and you can see that on my builds :) well, its hard to say how much time I spent but I would say maybe 3 hours a day for two weeks. Not consecutive... :)

Fantastic build ces... You are one of the best builders in here, keep on amazing us! You do an amazing work dude :)

Thank you Gunman. I'm a big fun of your stile and your work too.:)

Beautiful cottage, there's so much to like here! I love the rock and wall texturing, along with the dark orange for roof, amazing job!

Wow! I'm speechless. This is just incredible. The color and details are fantastic. I especially love the roof, the orange is a brilliant color, and the round black roof is great.

The color scheme for this is absolutely perfect. I can't really praise this more than it already has, but I'm already thinking about a build inspired by this baby. Oh, and +1 for however many credits you want :tongue:

Beautiful cottage, there's so much to like here! I love the rock and wall texturing, along with the dark orange for roof, amazing job!

Thank you Hammerhand

AWESOME!!! Great Moc!

Many thanks! :wink:

Wow! I'm speechless. This is just incredible. The color and details are fantastic. I especially love the roof, the orange is a brilliant color, and the round black roof is great.

Thanks!

The color scheme for this is absolutely perfect. I can't really praise this more than it already has, but I'm already thinking about a build inspired by this baby. Oh, and +1 for however many credits you want :tongue:

Thank you Thomas! :laugh: :laugh: Edited by cesbrick

Wow, just amazing. It looks great, and all the little details are wonderful! I'm going to go spend some serious time on Flickr examining all the closeup pictures. There's some really great parts usage here too -- I think I'm going to have to get a few parts from Bricklink because I never thought of using them in the way you have. Like that blue hat as water pouring out of a bucket! Thanks for a really inspiring build!

+1 on the claims except advanced SNOT. I'll look at the SNOT rocks a bit more closely and edit this post to indicate whether that passes.

This is just stunning! Every part of the build is just gorgeous: rockwork, landscaping, that bridge! The masonry, the texture of the house, the variation of color in the roof, the trees . . . wow. just wow.

Wow, just amazing. It looks great, and all the little details are wonderful! I'm going to go spend some serious time on Flickr examining all the closeup pictures. There's some really great parts usage here too -- I think I'm going to have to get a few parts from Bricklink because I never thought of using them in the way you have. Like that blue hat as water pouring out of a bucket! Thanks for a really inspiring build!

+1 on the claims except advanced SNOT. I'll look at the SNOT rocks a bit more closely and edit this post to indicate whether that passes.

This is just stunning! Every part of the build is just gorgeous: rockwork, landscaping, that bridge! The masonry, the texture of the house, the variation of color in the roof, the trees . . . wow. just wow.

This is gorgeous! I just don't have the words to describe it! Great build! :)

UoP +1 for as many credits as you can get away with. :wink:

Many thanks to all! I'm very glad you like it! :sweet:

Absolutely outstanding, again! I'm so glad you joined GoH. The colour choices and parts usage are sensational.

Absolutely outstanding, again! I'm so glad you joined GoH. The colour choices and parts usage are sensational.

Thanks robuko :) I'm glad I joined GoH too. :)

It's a pleasure follow your MOCs in GoH and of course I had to congrat you here. Keep going and make our eyes shine in this hobby!

Phenomenal build. So much to take in! Love all the different colors you can get away with in an MOC this large.

Architecture:

Roofing

• Wall technics: off-set on tan walls)
  • Advanced snot (rockwork on landscape – not sure if this qualifies although I used lot of SNOT technics)

Landscape:

• Tree design
  • Flowers and dense foliage

Am I correct that you are claiming the four credits with bullet points + a roofing credit?

If that is the case I say +1 to all 5 claims since this is such a big and detailed build :classic:

It's a pleasure follow your MOCs in GoH and of course I had to congrat you here. Keep going and make our eyes shine in this hobby!

One word: Amazing!

Phenomenal build. So much to take in! Love all the different colors you can get away with in an MOC this large.

Thank you very much to all! :classic:

Am I correct that you are claiming the four credits with bullet points + a roofing credit?

If that is the case I say +1 to all 5 claims since this is such a big and detailed build :classic:

Thanks a lot Gideon. :classic:

No, that was another mistake from me. I meant to claim just 4 (I'm aware now that 4 is the limit). But if you good people concede me 5 I will appreciate of course. :sweet: :sweet:

Another magnificent MOC :wub: I'm quite impressed by how quickly you've been producing these large detailed builds. One of my favorite bits in this build is the path/bridge leading up to the house, the guard rails add a nice effect :thumbup: Everything is superb :classic:

Another magnificent MOC :wub: I'm quite impressed by how quickly you've been producing these large detailed builds. One of my favorite bits in this build is the path/bridge leading up to the house, the guard rails add a nice effect :thumbup: Everything is superb :classic:

Thanks soccerkid! :classic:

Well, in average I spent maybe like 2 hours per day building this MOCs. I try to build smaller, but I just can't! :sweet: