Bob De Quatre

Contest Turtle Contest Poster revealed!

gallery_6705_159_64328.jpg

gallery_6705_159_126620.jpg

Turtle Contest Poster revealed!

The LEGO Group has revealed the awaited Turtle Contest poster, that features winners of the contest, Peter's original turtle design and turtles selected by the jury.

Copies will be sent to everyone whose turtle appears on the poster, and it will also be handed out at the Fan Weekend in Skærbæk to registered visitors.

15223268736_7c801cb328_c.jpg

If one of your turtle is featured on the poster, please send a PM to

julochka containing your postal address and contact telephone number including country code.

Thank again to TLG and all participants that made that contest a success!

Edited by Rufus
Tags adjusted

Congratulations to all those whose turtles were chosen.... All well deserving in my opinion!!

Looking forward to the next competition!!

The poster looks great, congrats to everyone who made it!

Special mention to Cara for scoring 3 turtles!!

Jesus, 2 is gruesome. A turtle that died trying to flip itself over (and it's built by clip abuse to boot)? Why would that win?

Well...I'm sorry you see this as inappropriate, I certainly did not build it to upset anyone! I just saw this as an interesting challenge and that's all there is to it.

As to the answer to your question "why would that win" - I think that's a totally unfair comment. I don't take offense on it because you are entitled to your opinion but the winning entries were picked by public vote. It won because a lot of people appear to have an opinion that is different than yours and there is no need to be contemptuous about it.

Oh man I'm sorry Yatkuu, I didn't look at the names of the builders, and I didn’t realize the entries were from this community or that it was peer-judged. I was thinking it was judged by a Lego Ideas employee and it was a knee-jerk reaction in shock that a representative of a kids' toy company (c'mon you know what I mean :wink: ) would put something kind of morbid in such prominent display. More importantly though, it wasn't cool to smacktalk your work, definitely wouldn’t have said it if I was at all thinking that the creator was gonna see it. I’m not personally against dark humor so honestly I’m probably not even offended by it (except for the clip to clip connections, there’s no forgiveness for that :tongue: - but at least it wasn’t the fatal clip-and-bar-in-same-plane connection). Congrats on your placement though, and sorry again for my negative comment earlier.

I have made 11 entries for this competitions, but only get a poster featuring one of my entry.

It looks like the voting system only works for entry with a lot of friends support, not for the quality of the creations.

I hope the next competitions from eurobricks will remove this kind of judgement (voting for your friend's entry)

Anyway, Thank you for choosing my picture for the poster. :classic:

I have made 11 entries for this competitions, but only get a poster featuring one of my entry.

It looks like the voting system only works for entry with a lot of friends support, not for the quality of the creations.

I hope the next competitions from eurobricks will remove this kind of judgement (voting for your friend's entry)

I sort of felt that way a while ago, but I realized that the whole point of this friendly competition is to get to know more of this community. I am thrilled that one of my turtles was featured on the poster, and I met and interacted with a lot of people through this contest. I hope at the end of the day, regardless of outcome, we can all understand this.

Jarren

I think your taking this all wrong. I do not personally know anyone on here and but have made several new "friends". When I voted I didn't even look at names, just designs, and most will agree with me. This was just a fun little competition and we should all treat it as such, especially because Lego picked the pictures out (other than the top few) so "friend votes" had no influence on that.

Nice poster arrangement! Rules are meant to be broken but most importantly, it's nice for being part of the contest!

Congratulations to everyone who made the poster! It's a lovely variety.

Personally I like the skeletal tortoise - It's creative and let's not forget that plenty of Lego sets over the years have featured human skeletons as skeletons (rather than as red-eyed, re-animated revenants)

Edited by MECHALEX

Hi Everybody --

A couple of notes...if you got more than one turtle on the poster, you WILL get multiple posters.

Choosing the turtles for the poster was NOT easy! And it was, in the end, a complicated mix of the ones our three judges liked best, the peer voting and, to be honest, the aesthetics of the poster, in addition to high quality photos of the awesome turtles.

We are super grateful to all of you for sharing your amazing and creative turtles with us and if there had been room for 286 turtles on the poster, I can tell you that we would have used them all, but nobody would have had a wall big enough for that. They were all unique and there was such a variety. I am in awe of your creativity, every one of you! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us here!

Edited by julochka

Super, well done to all. About half the ones I voted for made it on, and a whole bunch more I would have voted for if I had more points to give!

And for the last time, they're not turtles, they're tortoises!

Hello Everyone,

Posters were put in the mail today, unless I haven't yet received your address - those last few who haven't provided your address (you know who you are, because you've got a mail from me), please send it to me if you'd like your poster!

Just a note on the shipping - within the EU, they were sent via ordinary post. Outside of the EU, they will come via DHL.

Thank you all, once again, for playing along!

/julie

I have a poster tube waiting for me at home! :grin: So others should be turning up too.

I have a poster tube waiting for me at home! :grin: So others should be turning up too.

Wouldn't that be 3 poster tubes? :laugh:

I should go check my mailbox. Thanks for the update.

So what was inside that poster tube??