vitreolum

Ambush!

15237402662_513fe75d3c_c.jpg

The story's really lame for this one, but I'm not feeling particularly inspired today...

After Cora managed to convince Aymer that rescuing damsels in distress with the reward being a kiss (and a little more Aymer hoped) they decided to take the job offered by a certain Robin Hood.

As soon as they arrived in Sherwood as instructed, an outlaw crossed their path:

- Robin: Good day m'lord and m'lady. You're welcome to cross our forest, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to pay a small toll.

- Aymer: We came here looking for a certain Robin Hood.

- Robin: And what business have you with him?

- Cora: It's about that job.

- Robin: Ah, come this way then and we'll discuss all the details after a merry feast. I'm sorry to have to blindfold you, but you can never be too careful.

A night of feasting and drinking later, Robin explains the plan.

- Robin: Our beloved sheriff is planning to move the gold collected from taxes through our woods. Our plan is to ambush them. All you have to do is to stay hidden and help us if we need you.

- Random guy #1: Get ready! The caravan is approaching.

Would like to claim UoP credit for:

tree 1

dense foliage landscaping

battle scene

forests

Neat cart design, it looks really good! Also nice scene and the description isn't that bad, although maybe the picture could be put after the dialogue, since that's where it go chronologically in the story.

Instanty recognizable Robin Hood scene! I think TLG could re-relase the Robin Hood theme... Good work :thumbup:

Edited by Zblj

Nice build as usual vitreolum! Yeah, the story is a bit bland but you made avenged with with great details in the build. I also really like the downed tree. :thumbup:

Builds like this make me want to join Avalonia for Book III! :blush:

Edited by Behemoth

I really love your builds and the way you develop your stories. :sweet:

Nice build, nice tree, nice capes and very nice wagon! :sweet:

Nice build, really like the wagon and foliage, especially the tree fallen over the path. +1 UoP DoH for all claims

Great job, that felled tree (and the wonderful stump it left behind) are definite highlights, as are those camouflaged forest men. Top notch work again V!

The camo capes are the standout here for me. I have to disagree with the others about the fallen tree. I can tell what it is, but it's still a bit messy and looks more like wood-colored rocks than a tree felled specifically for an ambush (if it's been there a while, it's appearance might make more sense). Anyway, it'd be a tough thing to build in high detail and resist using a stack of 2x2 round blocks so it's a good effort either way.

Nice work, especially with the tree there! Good job on the foliage as well! +1 for the UoP credits.

You have done a great job capturing the feel of an outlaw ambush, especially with the camouflaged men :classic:

UoP +1 for the claims.

Cool techniques throughout the build as well as a really nice composition! I'm quite fond of those logs and sawn trees, great techniques there!

We need more Forestmen / Robin Hood creations like that :wub:

Haha, I didn't know that Robin Hood was from Historica! :laugh: Nice job with this build, the log across the path looks really good, and I like the wagon design!