Hey guys!

I had a lot of fun bulding this little droid, so I decided to go one step further and to build an bigger and more complex astromech.

As it turned out it took a lot of time until I was satisfied with performance and size :laugh:

Dimensions:

weight: 2348g

height: 46 studs with antenna

width: 33 studs

depth: 25 studs

PF:

2x IR-receiver

2x L motor

3x M motor

3x extension wire

1x battery box

astromech%2Bfp08%2Boverview.jpg

Drive:

The drivetrain is quite simple: skid steering powerd by two L motors geared 1:2.799 :wink:

Functions:

Because I wanted more seperated funtions than one IR-receiver can provide I came up with two solutions.

The hatch can be opened and closed. It's connected to a distribution gearbox, so when it's closed power is provided to the tilt mechanism.

In the moment you open the hatch, the power will be provided to a serial valve control for two pneumatic valves. These valves are for the outrigger and the claw.

The antenna is connected with some beams to the valve control, so I have optical feedback of the valve status.

For air supply there is an automatic compressor with two grey pumps and also a nice two cylinder fake engine :grin:

here is a short video. enjoy!

P.S: well something went wrong as you can see at the title of my topic :blush: so...Jim or someone else: could you please change the title to: "[MOC] astromech FP-08" ? That would be great! :thumbup: thx

Edited by Fissl

That's a very cool astromech...

I'm normally not so interested in these contraptions, but this one really rocks. I love the way it moves, the details, like the 2 24T gears and the smooth operation of arm.

Very well made video as well

That's great. Love the performance. My only worry is it might topple over, I would add more tracks if you can to make it more stable.

H :thumbup:

Thats different! I see it has a little arm? Do you have a video, looks interesting!

I have added a video now :)

Great creation. I love astromech MOCs

this is fun-tastic and I believe that you had hours and hours of great time building it :thumbup: x 100 :classic:

That's a very cool astromech...

Thanks a lot guys :blush:

That's great. Love the performance. My only worry is it might topple over, I would add more tracks if you can to make it more stable.

H :thumbup:

Thank you Horace T! Due to it's weight it won't topple over that easy. Only when you try to climb obstacles you might get some problems :grin: but on flat surface there is no problem :thumbup:

Title fixed for this awesome Astromech!! :thumbup:

I really love the working piston engines and other functionality, like the arm.

Title fixed for this awesome Astromech!! :thumbup:

thank you Jim!

Cool little droid. What is his nomenclature? R6-D6?

as you can see now it's name is FP-08 :wink: