This is my first post since I'm a new AFOL to Eurobricks.

I have been building for just over a year now, my area of interest is cars & machinery, I have exhibited at one show recently in Australia & throughly enjoyed the experience of sharing our hobby....

Thought I would post a couple of my recent builds.

A Morgan 3-Wheeler based on the current Brooklands Edition - thanks to Nico71 for the basics. please note this is still in progress - wheels yet to be completed in black chrome.

A '32 Ford Tudor hotrod - thanks to Doc Brown for the plans

A big thanks to Auri @ Chrome Block City for his patience & understanding for my endless special requests.

I hope you enjoy.

15045439948_d732bf51aa_c.jpgUntitled by steveperry895, on Flickr

15231921952_fffd28159c_c.jpgUntitled by steveperry895, on Flickr

15208989146_9fa55f69de_c.jpgUntitled by steveperry895, on Flickr

15045253679_ec02da66c8_c.jpgUntitled by steveperry895, on Flickr

Hey, just wanted to say I saw your exhibition at the BrickExpo! I was really impressed with your collection of models that you displayed, including these ones :classic:

Keep up the good work!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa those look amazing in chrome !

Where you got them done ,and how durable are they ,do they scratch easily if you flex/bend a part a little will the chrome come off ?

Did you get the chromed Technic parts from Aureliusz Falowski? That's where I got them for my chromed Corvette.

Where you got them done ,and how durable are they ,do they scratch easily if you flex/bend a part a little will the chrome come off ?

I've often wondered about the durability question too.

So much love and attention to detail, alas the average person could never afford to build these because the parts would have to be custom chromed which costs a fortune. It disent detract from the dedication taken to put this together.

Well, I love your creations, but I hate most of the lego chrome parts (I am NOT a purist at all). The first car looks good, the second, in my opinion has the worst colour I've ever seen, but the shape is very good. I will prefer it if only the engine was chromed, not all the car.

Wow that is good looking. Try not to dent or scratch them :laugh: . Just wondering how much did it cost for those red chrome wheels as I was looking to buy a set of those

Well, I love your creations, but I hate most of the lego chrome parts (I am NOT a purist at all). The first car looks good, the second, in my opinion has the worst colour I've ever seen, but the shape is very good. I will prefer it if only the engine was chromed, not all the car.

I dont think the pics of the second model do it justice, its not lit properly and a weird angle....these chrome parts are ultra shinny.

Thanks for the feedback, to answer questions posted;

The durability of the chrome dose not pose any problems, chrome plating plastic parts is normal - have a look around, inside new cars, electronics (headphones etc), photo frames etc, even TLG chrome parts occasionally. There are at least two methods used, Vacuum Metallisation or traditional chemical dipping - both styles are available on BL, my preference is the latter since the part is completely coated. The parts are durable & no different to work with - having said that I wouldn't let a 5 year old loose in a sandpit with one of these & expect to get it back pristine. The cost is an issue, I justify it by the enhanced appearance it provides. Easily kept clean with a cloth.

For the Morgan, my model is based on the current production version - 2014 Brooklands Edition, to keep in context these are photos of the car;

15053208147_c4bd3b8039_c.jpg59748356 by steveperry895, on Flickr

15053208038_d3c8af0f65_c.jpg59748357 by steveperry895, on Flickr

For real chrome pieces, it's depent how big it is.

You must calculate per brick and for just only to chrome it, about 1 euro and than also the price of the brick.

I'm very honored to see my creation blinged out!

It looks so awesome!

Fantastic job with the engine. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The other mocs are incredible too, thanks so much for sharing, made my day!

Tudor now has a brother. Yes they are Tumbler tyres on the rear - Fat!

15893132207_386d58cccd_c.jpgNew pickup with Tudor by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

16077084811_df2bab367a_c.jpgNew pickup tumbler tyres on back by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Morgan 3-Wheeler has received it's black chrome wheels & silver chrome brake discs - looks even more stunning.

16076996141_b64d5fe1f6_c.jpgMorgan with black chrome wheels by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

All that chrome is delicious, and makes the models you built even more awesome. Must have cost a fortune though... :wacko:

Oh, would I love to see my latest MOC Chromed up like that (the grill, but maybe even the whole bonnet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

http://www.eurobrick...pic=107262&st=0

no reason why you cant http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Aurimax if you cant find the piece then message him he has many more in stock that arent listed, some cant be listed as they are parts that are chromed by lego so not allowed by bricklink to be listed.