Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

MOC: Fire Fighting Train

Presenting my Fire Fighting Train MOC.

Fire fighting train is perfect for battling railway fires including in tunnels. It is equiped with dual high power nozzles, water and foam car, oxygen tanks, happy fire fighting crew. It is playable for ages 5 and up.

15040687758_1ceabc090e_c.jpgFire Fighting Train by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

The equipment car has hose reel and cabinets for storage of oxygen tanks, masks, fire extinguishers, tools, etc.

ft1.jpg

It is Power Function ready with space for IR Receiver and Battery Box. Battery box slots perfectly in between the storage cabinets.

ft3.jpg

It is more capable than a CITY fire truck modified for rail service since the truck can't pull a passenger train out of a burning tunnel.

14900108509_8c5ab6e912_c.jpgFire Engine MOD by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Don't forget to duck when going into tunnels. It doesn't look safe riding up there.

ft2.jpg

Looks good! Great for any LEGO City. When you say PF Ready, is it not motorized at the moment/do you plan to?

Great Job!

-RailCo

Thanks everyone. :classic:

Looks good! Great for any LEGO City. When you say PF Ready, is it not motorized at the moment/do you plan to?

Great Job!

-RailCo

I used PF Ready as a marketing ploy and to keep the cost down. It was designed to easily add PF for those who want to spend more to add it. :classic:

I only have a spare IR Receiver at the moment. I don't have extra train motor and battery box. I'm waiting for double VIP points next month before ordering some more PF parts.

Great designing there 'dr_spock', might I suggest extra rail cars containing extra equipment and crew cabins ? :wink:

Brick On 'dr_spock' ! :grin:

Nice work. I like the way the train looks like a fire truck with the compartments and the tanker is really sweet.

I presume you were trying to stretch the truth with this fire train, but surprisingly, you are not that far off from reality...

Loram_RK_Grinderd.jpg

Some of the western railroads in the US also had fire fighting trains... oh... wait... many still do... and I think the Swiss actually built your train. More here...

Great designing there 'dr_spock', might I suggest extra rail cars containing extra equipment and crew cabins ? :wink:

Brick On 'dr_spock' ! :grin:

Thanks for the suggestion. Stay tuned. :classic:

I presume you were trying to stretch the truth with this fire train, but surprisingly, you are not that far off from reality...

http://www.american-rails.com/images/Loram_RK_Grinderd.jpg

Some of the western railroads in the US also had fire fighting trains... oh... wait... many still do... and I think the Swiss actually built your train. More here...

Not really stretching the truth. The Swiss has a train like it. I didn't build the rescue car. I suppose I should for Lightning Tiger. :classic:

I've seen one US train that had plastic tanks on flat cars and raised platform with nozzles.

When I first read your post, I had no idea there were real trains that looked like that, but the second link in my last post actually turned up the Swiss train. It is bizarre enough that there is no way a real train could look like that... but yet it does. I think I have actually stumbled on one of the Multi-Purpose Machines, your other recent build of an odd piece of equipment and there too, you did a good job of capturing the prototype.

When I first read your post, I had no idea there were real trains that looked like that, but the second link in my last post actually turned up the Swiss train. It is bizarre enough that there is no way a real train could look like that... but yet it does. I think I have actually stumbled on one of the Multi-Purpose Machines, your other recent build of an odd piece of equipment and there too, you did a good job of capturing the prototype.

Thanks. I seem to like odd railroad equipment and trains. One of my fav site is http://www.railpictures.net/ Every now and then something unique shows up that might be fun to interpret into a LEGO toy train (and my local LEGO Store Pick A Brick wall has the pieces). :classic:

love the mod. well done

Thanks. It's fun attaching railroad wheels to trucks and anything else that rolls. :classic:

Thanks. It's fun attaching railroad wheels to trucks and anything else that rolls. :classic:

But why limit yourself to things that roll? (grin)

ship02.jpg_thumb.jpgbrick01.jpg_thumb.jpg