LegoThomas

Troll (Cave-Troll) in Armor

Hey guys.

Has anyone ever managed to transform a Cave-Troll into a battle-Troll by putting armor on him?

I got 4 additional trolls on ebay today and thought this would be nice, but i failed.

Any experts here?

If you are talking about customizing, one Way to get exactly fitting armor pieces might be to cut them out of one troll and use them on another.

I'm planning on experimenting with making a purist solution... Making thin, hinged, brick built sections of armour for the chest and back and attaching them around the cave troll's body using the short chains as straps over the shoulder and around the waist. The chains will naturally allow for the shape of the troll and can be kept close to the skin without being bulky/obtrusive. A mask/helmet will be harder to do however...

Alternatively you could just wrap the troll up in lots of chains to look like it's wearing chainmail..

Edited by Bugbot2008

I'm planning on experimenting with making a purist solution... Making thin, hinged, brick built sections of armour for the chest and back and attaching them around the cave troll's body using the short chains as straps over the shoulder and around the waist. The chains will naturally allow for the shape of the troll and can be kept close to the skin without being bulky/obtrusive. A mask/helmet will be harder to do however...

That's exactly what i did, but it didn't look good... yet.

I'm sure I saw a Flickr with someone making armour for a troll, and I'm sure it was on here, but I haven't managed to find it yet!

This guy had started to mold a bunch of troll helmets but we never got any updates or anything beyond the initial stuff he had started. They looked pretty cool. It was just the helms he was doing though, no other armor. The trolls are kind of hard to make Lego brick armor for because other than the head they have no studs on them...

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of!

I'd love to have a go myself, I'd love Tom, Bert and William, then a few of the troll armour variants in the movies.

I've used old Knight's Kingdom Armor and rubber bands. Here you go:

And I'll be promptly jacking that idea.

Edited by kabel
: don't quote pics!

One of the single best customizers I know is Lord_Mercat. While it wasn't a cave troll, he repurposed these rancor beasts into mean troll war beasts.

12823639105_d78df0a689.jpg

LCC Queen's Warbeasts by Lord Mercat, on Flickr

At BFVA, we had a huge collaboration where he had 5 of these behemoths present.

14644173767_d239ca046d.jpg

LoR - Assault on Maldrake's Fortress, main by JBIronWorks, on Flickr

Like I said, I know it's not the cave troll, but maybe it will serve as some inspiration.

Edited by SSchmidt

5986fa215bd44_ologhai.jpg.40f9c03c96c526b51c7e090c9eb1ed51.jpg

Last week i custumized my cave troll and today i have added one new custom helmet made by myself.

have a nice day

Edited by napoleonlafy