Legocastlegirl

Preview 10190 Market Street

Thanks for the review, my favourite detail is the salad! :-D

BTW, could you exchange the modules and make pics of that? I'd like to see how the building looks with the flat roof instead of the dutch style one.

I'm not sure though if the vents on the flat roof makes sense as long as it's only used as a garage top... :-/ Maybe they should be removable as the balconies and such things to make the modularity leading not to weird results...

Other than this: In combination with a lot of money and the Cafe Corner set this really could get me into city! ;-)

thanks for the great review! *sweet*

now that i've seen the set, I'm afraid i'm a bit disappointed 8-|

1) the color combination doesn't really do it for me. blue, dark blue, grey, black, tan, white, they're all mixed together without any over all design...

2) is there any interior? it doesn't look like it, and in any case, you can only reach it if you remove the modules... hm... |-/ now it looks too much of a box...

3) there are most certainly some nice ideas in this model and some great parts. the best part of the model is the staircase

4) i don't think he spent much time in thinking about the design. As apo said, the chimneys on top of a garage is kinda weird, there's also a gate, next to another gate which is weird as well... also, if this is supposed to ba a grocery, then the owner has done a lot to hide it. The croissant is nice, but next to the brown box with vegies, there's nothing that suggests this is a shop...

5) the white lamp and the the yellow cylinder are at the same level of the tiles. IMO it should be above the level of the tiles...

6), IMO not worth the 90 euro

Edited by snefroe1

Thanks, I love the look of this set!

I love the mix of colours, it breaks up the model rather than being a single monotone colour. He's used several complimentary colours in order to make up the model.

I agree I think the chimneys on the flat roof is weird ontop of the garage, but not so weird one you place it ontop of the building. I guess he's done it to give us the choice of roofs and chimneys. You can always remove the ones you don't like...

He also seems to have screwed up a bit on the tiling for the sidewalk on the side module. On Cafe Corner (And the building module of this set) the sidewalk has the pattern light grey 1x6 at the front, then dark grey 1x2 next, then dark grey 2x2's. However on this he's put the 2x2 tiles first then the 1x2's at the back. Easilly fixable though.

Overall I love this set, thanks for the pics! Compliments Cafe Corner perfectly.

Thank you Legocastlegirls for your quick review! *y*

It

Hi

Thanks for posting those great pictures. I got the CC some time ago and I really looking forward to get my hands on the Market Street.

I think the colour scheme of this set is great, maybe because blue is my favourite colour (just check my wardrobe)?

I really like the design of the roof and the staircase. I

BTW, could you exchange the modules and make pics of that? I'd like to see how the building looks with the flat roof instead of the dutch style one.

i

thanks for the pics Legocastlegirl!

One thing that I find strange is that TLC doesn't use a female MF head for those two females MF in this set, but a female MF head is available in LDD and pab *wacko*

I still haven't bought the CC or MS.

But reviews like this make me wanna buy them instantly.

Thanks for this Legocastlegirl !!

Thank you very much for that nice review and those lovely pictures, Legocastlegirl! *y*

A very interesting set with a great color scheme and some "sunny side" feeling indeed. *sweet*

I'm not much of a city fan but this looks great. I guess this is the closest we can get to Legoland (miniland) quality sets. And considering this is a three floro, small structure, and it's over 1,000 parts, just imagine (pun not intended) how many peices are in LL California's Empire State Building or WTC Freedom Tower models! Both are large and in real scale over 100 floors! That's a lot of bricks.

Anyways, I've got a friend who loves city. I'm sure this one would make a great addition to his town setup! Gotta tell him about this new set! *y*

i also think that this is a replacement for some windows and i like this idea, because i often see houses with that kind of "windows"

There was once "windowtaxes" in the Netherlands. When rich people became poor, they placed bricks in their window, so they paid less taxes. Some older houses still has walls were once were windows.

Historic information on :-D :-P

It was the same thing in France in the middle-age...

Happy that today this taxe is gone! :-D