Hi Lego Technic enthusiasts

I'm new at this Forum and wanted to show you my Lego Technic Tumbler. Tell me if I did something wrong with the post/sections/whatever! :P

I've seen lots of Tumblers on Youtube, but I'm quite shure that no one built an AWD-version. So this is what came out after three months of studying how this could be possible. Due to school I couldn't spend much time with building, I think in total I had about 30 hours.

post-127757-0-72044600-1410610319_thumb.jpg

-Key idea: Using the old flex system for the steering

-Weight: 1400 grams (without battery box)

-Length: 42 cm

-Width: 24 cm

-Suspension

-AWD

-Shooting cannons at the sides

-rockets that you can swing out

-LEDs

-RC

-No slipping gears, perhaps I should have used two XL-motors

Just watch the film on youtube:

Thanks for reading! :)

Edited by Jim
Embedded video

Cool idea for the steering. I was thinking of using chain drive for each front wheel but this also works.

Nice job.

Cool idea for the steering. I was thinking of using chain drive for each front wheel but this also works.

Nice job.

I didn't think about that, nice idea. But I'm not shure if it would work because of the torque. Thanks!

Great MOC, awesome functions!

Thank you guys for all the compliments! I really appreciate that! :)

Very well done, especially the rear end. The Sunday driving speed made me laugh.

lol thanks! :laugh:

Very specific Tumbler-interpretation, but I like it! Proportions are quite off, but it does not matter.

Thanks! Yes I realized it when the Lego 76023 Tumbler came out.. there you can see some huge differences..:/

The steering mechanism was quite interesting, well done!

tim

Great work. Never thought of an AWD Tumbler, but it is interesting

Thank you all! :blush:

LEGO designers just got PWND.

Lol thank you! :) I would say they could have built in at least a working steering..:/

Welcome to Eurobricks swisstechnic

This is a brilliant and ingenious build. Well done :thumbup:

This is really cool, congrats! :D

Good work, lots of stuff squeezed there!

Very nice moc indeed! I really like the flex-cable steering! :)

Thank you so much! :blush:

Very cool! The functionality and details are very impressive. I agree with rollermonkey. The pwnage is strong with this one.

Wow, that's a really interesting solution - nicely done!

It's too bad the flex system didn't last - it was a real innovation.

Indeed, PWND is right!

Did you experiment with trying to get it a little bit faster? Not easy with such a sophisticated drive train, I realize...

Welcome to the club and great first post. If the tumbler really had to function the way its supposed to in real life... I am sure it would have to have an AWD mode.

Welcome to the club and great first post. If the tumbler really had to function the way its supposed to in real life... I am sure it would have to have an AWD mode.

That's what I thought too! :laugh:

Thank you very much!

Wow, that's a really interesting solution - nicely done!

It's too bad the flex system didn't last - it was a real innovation.

Indeed, PWND is right!

Did you experiment with trying to get it a little bit faster? Not easy with such a sophisticated drive train, I realize...

Hey aeh504

Thank you for the comment :)

Yeah it's a shame that they don't have the flex system anymore.. for example the new cargo plane would be even more impressive with some flex cables..

I didn't really experiment with the drivetrain - I just didn't want any crackling gears. I could try to build in 2 XL-motors connencted with a another differential for more power and change the gear ratio. :classic: (The Tumbler is still in existence)

Currently I'm building a loom for a school project so I don't have too much time for that :sceptic:

Have a nice evening! :)

Very cool! The functionality and details are very impressive. I agree with rollermonkey. The pwnage is strong with this one.

Thanks! :classic:

Very nice model ! :thumbup::classic:

could u post a few more detailed photos of your tumbler !

TANK YOU !

Hey abhilego

Of course I can! :)

As it's already evening here, the light was very bad in the house. I hope they are good enough for "what you need" - or I will make some tomorrow.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=70C2CE3E3CD6C319!8051&authkey=!AMTdGFNkzMOutks&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Have a nice evening