Lego Spy

What Video Game(s) are you playing?

On 11/22/2016 at 9:55 AM, npgcole said:

Oh, wow. I just started the game, so I had no idea. It's a shame I'm only playing part of the story. I'm glad I got it cheap, then!

For cheap, it's well worth it. Although it is short, it's got such solid combat it's worth replaying on the hardest difficulty, and the DLC is only like a dollar. I only lack one trophy from the entire game and DLC, and it's the nigh impossible challenge maps.

I started to replay some old GameCube games. They are Metroid Prime 2 Echoes and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you think about it they are both about "dark" places. 

On 08/01/2017 at 1:43 PM, Forresto said:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

What an amazing game!

I really, really liked that game. The narrative driven campaign was kind of surprising, diminishing a bit the replay value but the experience was really neat, a bit unlike Doom who went all in with the action, I love both. Everyone dies, the good guys don't even win at the end ( what does killing Totten Kopft really achieves? )and the lore is quite interesting like the african war going on, is Hitler still alive? I'd love them to make a sequel or something else in that universe. 

I went and completed Super Castlevania 4, the game was insanely hard. I then went and tried beating Castlevania 1 and after finally beating Grim Reaper I'm stuck vs Dracula. NES games tends to be filled with some BS controls and difficulty which is frustrating. 

Usually I play PvP/Multiplayer games so:

League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, FFXIV from time to time, Paragon occasionally. For single player titles I'm still in Pokemon Moon, and I've been trying to sit down to play Final Fantasy XV sometime, just keep forgetting or end up listening to music/watching movies with the girlfriend. 

On 1/8/2017 at 1:43 PM, Forresto said:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

What an amazing game!

Oh my goodness is it! I went in expecting a solid over-the-top sci-fi shooter, and what it turned out to be was a story-driven narrative with nuanced characters and several moments of surprising poignancy... wrapped up in a solid over-the-top sci-fi shooter! :D

I finally platinum-ed and 100% the trophies for Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens and all add-ons, so now I'm currently working on GTA V and a very under-the-radar stealth game called Aragami. If you've not heard of the latter, look it up. It's quite interesting.

I just downloaded Rayman: Orgins as a free Xbox Gold reward game. Oh my gosh, I had forgotten how much I loved Rayman. I had Rayman 3 on Gameboy Advanced as a kid, and a friend of mine had Rayman 2: The Great Escape on Sega Dreamcast. Orgins is all of that with an even better wit, ease of play-ability combined with some decent challenge, and some great artwork.

I've mainly been playing Pokemon Moon and Best Fiends Forever. Both great games, but I need to start up Yo-kai Watch 2 as well, got that for Christmas and never played it yet.

Men of War assault squad 2 with the Galaxy at war mod. It adds a ton a star wars character and vehicle to the game. It's still in alpha and as no single player campain yet but still hours of fun on the editor.
I also plated recently Star Wars Empire at War with the Galactic at war mod that turns the game to the Clone Wars.

Mods (and modders) are the best!

I've been thinking If I should start playing Alien: Isolation.:look:
Watched some clips of it and It captures the whole alien franchsie atmosphere so good, but at the same time it looks so tedious and boring...

19 hours ago, -zenn said:

Watched some clips of it and It captures the whole alien franchsie atmosphere so good, but at the same time it looks so tedious and boring...

I've played through it, and I can assure you, it isn't tedious or boring. Without a doubt, it is the best Alien game out there. And if you are concerned about getting bored, there's a very good range of difficulties, so you can pick a harder one to make it even more tense.

Dishonored - What an incredible game. Easily makes my top 10 list. The story is engaging but its the world and environment that are breathtaking. I dont simply mean in a visual sense, although the art style is quite good, but in its immersion. This world feels like it could be real and I just want to explore it. We get a taste of whats going on beyond Dunwall and im craving more stories in this world so much more now. Low chaos all the way.

I hear Dishonored 2 is amazing and I look forward to playing the heck out of it when I get a next gen console in a few years.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:11 PM, -zenn said:

Its a top ten game for me. If you love Alien this is practically a simulator of it and as a fan a must play. The alien a.i. is really intelligent and genuinely horrifying. This is a stealth based survival horror and it feels relentlessly stressful almost the entire game.

However I played the game in bits over a year, thats typically how I play video games, so I couldnt tell you what its like to try and beat it straight. The story is long, which I was okay with especially playing it over a long stretch of time but I know some were'nt.  

Edited by Forresto

Started playing the first Gravity Rush last week. Kind of fun, but difficult to latch on to the story because of busy-ness and the fact that the game makes my nauseous after ~45min. :hmpf_bad: Exploring caves in Minecraft does that to me too.

I'm thinking of replaying Last of Us again soon, since a friend loaned us his remastered version.

I've bought a truck ton of star wars games via humble bundle recently and I gave Empire at War a try: it would be a fun game if attacking wasn't a complete and utter shit show: you have limited ressources for attacking and you face limitless enemy opposition, for example, attacking a space station will not only indifinitly spawn X-wings and Y-wings, who are not a joke to deal with, but even fully armed correlian corvettes. 

Even if you have twice the amount of flag ships as the imperials you'll get wrecked. 

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I've bought a truck ton of star wars games via humble bundle recently and I gave Empire at War a try: it would be a fun game if attacking wasn't a complete and utter shit show: you have limited ressources for attacking and you face limitless enemy opposition, for example, attacking a space station will not only indifinitly spawn X-wings and Y-wings, who are not a joke to deal with, but even fully armed correlian corvettes. 

Even if you have twice the amount of flag ships as the imperials you'll get wrecked. 

This bundle is quite possibly the best deal of games I've ever bought. I probably won't actually get to them all (only played BF2 so far), but it's good to have that collection.

4 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

They have inifinte number of X wings, and Y Wings and Corvettes because you need to destroy the Space Station hanger bay. In my experience you always target the shield generator first then the hanger. 

If you ever want to play with mods or are open to it I would reccomend Thrawn's Revenge and the Clone Wars mod. They make the galaxy absolutely massive.

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

What difficulty do you have it set to? I haven't had any issue with it on Easy or Medium difficulty. As Forrestro said, just focus on the main objectives and try and get those out to limit the spawning of more ships. Destroying the hanger shuts down the spawning of enemy fighters. The corvettes stop coming once the whole station is down. Also try and build up as big of a force as possible, since being able to spam your own troops into the field helps. 

Also I prefer playing as the rebels though in space. I know the Empire is considered more powerful, but the rebel ability to stock up on fighters to spam the map helps a lot in battle. Y-Wings especially can take out hard targets fast.

I'm playing on medium on the Imperial campaign and I just defended coruscant with a medium frigate, a patrol fregate and a fully upgraded level 3 space spation. 

Believe me or not I wrecked 28 correlian corvettes, 59 x-wing squadrons, 20 Z-95 squadrons and 6 nebulon frigates. They forgot to attack with Y-wings and my space station shield held up good, I reserved the tie-bombers coming out of the space station to sneak attack the frigates. These space stations can be borderline broken but that was an amazing fight ahahaha. 

I got better at assaulting these stations, especially when you finally get your hands on the long range missile units, but infinite spawns is kind of cheap in some close situations IMHO. The campaign can also be very cheap sometimes, I just completed a mission where you get ambushed by 2 freacking mon calamari cruisers while you are assaulting a space station and getting rammed by rockets while your available cruisers really are not on par. ( which ironically Rebels have to steal their technology from the Empire ).

I managed to beat on the second try with reserve units warping on their sorry fish butts :wub:

The A.I really is brutal too, they flank really good in space battles, my only wish would have been for ground battles to be better, else is a pretty good game, but really hard. 

Edited by RetroInferno

The one trick I have for ground battles is relying on your artillery. Rebel artillery comes with spotter droids which can temporarily remove parts of the fog of war. The Imperial artillery can work the same way if coupled with some scout troopers. I have played many a game where I just plow four artillery tanks together in a choke point, and get to sit back and watch hordes of armies, AT-AT's, etc. get plowed down by never ending artillery strikes. I then use the spotter droids if I am playing as a rebel to target Y-Wing attack runs on the enemy base, which cripples them immensely. By the time my main ground forces roll in, there are only a few Stormtroopers scattered about the ruble of the base. Also the snowspeeder in the Rebel's arsenal is very lethal. It takes a long time to kill targets, but considering there are so few anti-air units in game, if a horde of speeders can destroy the anti-air stuff quickly, they then have free reign to slowly pepper the enemy with blaster fire. I have let snowspeeders kill the Emperor himself in this method several times, even the dark lord of the Sith is ineffective against a horde of buzzing speeders! With that said, I really wish in retrospect that the Imperials had the Tie Striker in their arsenal to do the same thing. Most of the Empire's ground forces are a bit weak against the Rebels; the AT-AT units, AT-ST, and the Clone Wars style tank being their standouts. Tie-Maulers are just to easily killed to make any impact on the battle.

Ground combat is definitly the game's low point: no map menu upgrade options for your units: lack of upgrades for ground troops ( storm troopers are terrible ), really weird counters ( who knew AT-ST were crap vs infantry ). 

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Ground combat is definitly the game's low point: no map menu upgrade options for your units: lack of upgrades for ground troops ( storm troopers are terrible ), really weird counters ( who knew AT-ST were crap vs infantry ). 

There are usually upgrades on ground maps. You click on the facility that produces a unit and it should have upgrades available (also depends on tech level I believe.)

Stormtroopers like rebel troopers are alright when you put them into that cover mode but otherwise as you say are awful. As for AT-STs yeah their chin guns arent brilliant against infantry. However if you have at least four they can physically wipe out enemy infantry quickly by stepping on them. 

Edited by Forresto