Lego Spy

What Video Game(s) are you playing?

I make games for a living and ironically right now I play games less than I ever have. When you work it you spend less time wanting to do it in your free time.

Guest RangerDog

What kinda games are you playing?

Im mostly playing:

LA Noire 2

ArmA III

Emergency 4

I play a lot of MMOs. Mostly Star Trek Online, DC Universe Online and the 18+ Scarlet Blade.

I'm currently playing Zone of the Enders on Xbox.

Right now Im playing a game that just came out called "Destiny" since it came bundled with my PS4 that I got this week.

Im not so thrilled about it.. (yet) it feels empty and unfinished.. but I give it a try (since i never gave Halo a chance)) and it looks very nice..

Before that i just finshed Metro "Last light".. (I can highly recommend the book Metro 2033).. and I also made it through Borderlands 2 that was a nice experience..

I prefer Solo games, even if I often end up Co-op.. Im a sucker for RPG's (Mass Effect was nice)

Me and the misses sometimes play Minecraft split screen on the PS3 and Im still halfway trough Max Payne 3.

I love to play ArmA III and Day Z but since my gaming PC died I just cant convince myself to build another rig,, so Im stuck watching it on Youtube..

Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition...a nice (re-/improved)make of one the best RPG's.

Guest RangerDog

Well, i also hate CO-OPS but i also dont really got gaming friends. :P

im also waiting for GTA v And Emergency 5 on PC.

Only GTA games on PS3 (GTA V is the only ATM) are what I play or really look forward to. Other that IV and V on PS3, I have Red Dead Redemption, but haven't played it yet. I have HALO games and Forza 4, but still haven't opened my XBOX 360 in over 3 or 4 years (I used my brothers until he went to college). So, driving/racing/realism games are my preference, RDR has similar appeal as a "before cars/GTA type" feel to it. Halo is is the only shooter/future/space/war game(s) I play(ed). My friend is pretty into games and he and I played the campaign on 3 and I really enjoyed the story/play mechanics/versus of the game, so I bought/played the others :classic:

FIFA. Every year, every week, FIFA.

I also occasionally play Bethsesda RPG's and GTA V.

Edited by Captain Settle

My Hyrule Warriors Collector's Edition arrived yesterday; it's not due out until Friday....

Fantastic game, well worth getting.

Hyrule Warriors. Such a great game! I really love it and it's a lot of fun to play with a friend! It's like a crazy mashup of Star Wars Battlefront and Zelda (And Dynasty Warriors obviously, but I've never played that)

As shown in my signature, Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura.

As my first isometric RPG, I'm quite pleased with how the mechanics work; it really is a great game so far.

By playing it, I've also come to believe that some of the accused "casualization" of modern RPGs stems from the move to first-person real-time combat, and not from any intentional simplification. I'm not going to be an apologist for the awful stories, easy combat, and dull quests that plague some modern RPGs, but things like quest markers and removal of % to hit mechanics seem justified for first-person games.

Quest and location markers I believe are justified because switching from an isometric to first-person view makes it incredibly difficult to judge your surroundings. Where the search for a person at a certain address might be pleasantly time-consuming in an isometric view, going about the same search in first-person would be frustrating and dull without some sort of guidance, consuming more time than I could justify spending for the sake of immersion.

The removal of combat %-to-hit is also understandable. Turn-based isometric combat is a numbers game with gambling aspects, whose variables are determined only by the skills of in-game characters, and all a player needs is a small grasp of strategy and math to do well. Contrast this to a first-person RPG's real-time combat, and things like %-based chances to succeed are frustrating to no end. Why should I have to roll for a % to hit, when I just managed to walk up to an enemy and visibly hit him with my sword? In real-time combat, it is far less frustrating to base it all on player skill, instead of including the additional, in-game-character-based variables.

It makes me wish Morrowind had been an isometric game, then I could actually enjoy it; unfortunately, I can't stand it for reasons mentioned above.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Hey guys,

I'm currently in my Dc Comics 'fanmode' and was thinking of buying Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters to play.

If any of you own(ed) it, can you tell me what you think of it, based on gameplay and Green Lantern's abilities?

Thanks!

Also, purchased Injustice: Gods Among Us (Ultimate Edition) yesterday..

Generally not my type of game, but it's DC Comics, so :wub::innocent:

Regards,

Mitch

I've mainly been playing Tomodachi Life, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and Awesomenauts. Mainly the latter, I LOVE that game.