Sign in to follow this  
Reekardoo

Medieval Tournament

Hello fellow brickaddictedfolk!!!

Here's another project of mine in ideas.lego

1596288-o_191gq24vuu3g2h15gg5rm3aq7-full.jpg

I'd appreciate if you could leave some feedback (I know the photo does not show much in detail but please look closely as rendering this takess some time for my pc) here and in ideas.lego.

Also, if you couls support it there https://ideas.lego.com/projects/79556 , I'd really appreciate.

THANKS!

Edited by Reekardoo

This one would be epic, but I think is way too big for a LEGO Ideas set. Maybe you could consider a smaller version. Already supporting, though. :thumbup:

I would like to see more pictures.

Looks very nice but as Robert already said too big for an actual set imho. How many pieces does it have? And also how long is it since the release of Kingdom Joust?

Please, do note that only the stands and tournament competitions would be produced. The towers and trees are mainly to make it more pictoresque - so it would not be that big, actually. At least no more than the joust set for kingdoms - and it would come with more minifigures and playability because of the multiple aspects of the tournament.

If it is viable is another matter. I for one would buy this in a heartbeat. Also the color were taken into consideration making this not only for boys but also for girls. :D

I don't see LEGO ever producing a main Castle theme with pink colours for one of the factions. Stereotype or not, I think it would put off a lot of boys - and LEGO knows that.

Other than that, isn't it a bit too soon to do another joust-ish set...?

Nice tent designs though.

I don't see LEGO ever producing a main Castle theme with pink colours for one of the factions. Stereotype or not, I think it would put off a lot of boys - and LEGO knows that.

Other than that, isn't it a bit too soon to do another joust-ish set...?

Nice tent designs though.

this would be part of a fantasy elven kingdom - and LEGO is doing this but with minidolls.

As for he colors it was meant to please both girls and boys - that is just one of the factions. Check the knights to see the color patters of the others factions.

Cheers.

P.S. It's never too soon to have another cool LEGO :D

This is something that should not be allowed on the site.

We are here discuss LEGO sets and MOCs, we aren't free advertising space for LEGO Ideas projects.

That being said, if you DO have a MOC that is ALSO on LEGO Ideas, feel free to post the MOC for discussion here and include a link to the Ideas project. In the History forum the rule to me is simple, is the post more about the build/MOC or the Ideas project? If it is more about the Ideas project than the MOC, it is not acceptable.

I already warned you about that here.

Neat idea, but pass.

Kingdoms joust just came out a few years ago. I picture LEGO taking a break away from castle related D2C sets (which this is the size of that). Maybe a tiny set like this would work for Ideas. All of the background build makes it too identical to Kingdoms Joust and thus wouldn't be produced (in my opinion).

This is something that should not be allowed on the site.

We are here discuss LEGO sets and MOCs, we aren't free advertising space for LEGO Ideas projects.

That being said, if you DO have a MOC that is ALSO on LEGO Ideas, feel free to post the MOC for discussion here and include a link to the Ideas project. In the History forum the rule to me is simple, is the post more about the build/MOC or the Ideas project? If it is more about the Ideas project than the MOC, it is not acceptable.

I already warned you about that here.

Yes the project is posted in ideas and yes I'd like to showcase it here for people who don't search ideas a lot get the chance to see the MOC and if they choose to go there and support.

That said this is indeed a MOC showcase and as you might have noticed we are indeed discussing the MOC, its viability, color choices and several other options.

This is about the MOC, and I do wish feedback concerning it - whatever perspective it may be.

And if by doing this I gather support for ideas - then great!

I don't see what all the fuss about this is. I just want to show my MOC here and if by doing so I gather support I don't see any incongruence. Nor do I think I'm breaching any guideline or orientation of the site.

Regards.

Neat idea, but pass.

Kingdoms joust just came out a few years ago. I picture LEGO taking a break away from castle related D2C sets (which this is the size of that). Maybe a tiny set like this would work for Ideas. All of the background build makes it too identical to Kingdoms Joust and thus wouldn't be produced (in my opinion).

That is possible indeed but I think if one likes it, then who cares... its not like you are bound to it. :D

Also the feel I was going for was similar to kingdoms but more fantasy like and with colors girls might also like.

The kingdom feel to it is obvious as kingdoms was awesome compared to the most recent castle sets.

Cheers

Edited by Reekardoo

I think if you wanted to showcase the MOC, you would show more pictures than just a link to the Ideas page.

In other words, I am saying I'd like to see more pictures to look at the details better. That tiny Ideas picture isn't helping me want to vote for it.

I think if you wanted to showcase the MOC, you would show more pictures than just a link to the Ideas page.

In other words, I am saying I'd like to see more pictures to look at the details better. That tiny Ideas picture isn't helping me want to vote for it.

The link to ideas leads to a site with the same only picture.

AS you might have noticed I use rendered LDD images and they take a long time to render with such big sets.

I'm currently working on another stuff so I can't render more images although the perspectives have been chosen.

When they are ready i will post them here and in ideas.

So I am showcasing it here and if for some reason that is upseting people, I really don't understand why.

Now how about we start talking about the MOC and less about other matters?

I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

I don't see what all the fuss about this is. I just want to show my MOC here and if by doing so I gather support I don't see any incongruence. Nor do I think I'm breaching any guideline or orientation of the site.

It's not? What about this guideline?

"LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!."

You mention Lego Ideas twice in your post, plus the link, plus the only image says "support now" on it. As I said, to me this crosses the line. It says to me "I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!."

You can disagree with me, but there is also this guideline:

Staff: The staff are here to help you. Do not debate staff issues with them. Feel free to make suggestions as we are happy to hear them, but if you are told that something is against policy, the discussion is over. Similarly, if you're not staff don't act like you are. Telling new members site rules from time to time is one thing, but don't make a habit of being a mini-modder. Use the "Report" button instead.

I know what the rules are, and I am telling you this violates one of them. Please be more mindful in the future that this is a forum about MOCs and not free space to advertise ideas projects. Please make the post more about the MOC and less about the ideas project.

The towers and trees are mainly to make it more pictoresque

Well, I would like to see a picture of the actual set because this one is a little misleading. :grin:

It's a shame the towers are not part of it, because I like them!

It's not? What about this guideline?

"LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!."

You mention Lego Ideas twice in your post, plus the link, plus the only image says "support now" on it. As I said, to me this crosses the line. It says to me "I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!."

You can disagree with me, but there is also this guideline:

Staff: The staff are here to help you. Do not debate staff issues with them. Feel free to make suggestions as we are happy to hear them, but if you are told that something is against policy, the discussion is over. Similarly, if you're not staff don't act like you are. Telling new members site rules from time to time is one thing, but don't make a habit of being a mini-modder. Use the "Report" button instead.

I know what the rules are, and I am telling you this violates one of them. Please be more mindful in the future that this is a forum about MOCs and not free space to advertise ideas projects. Please make the post more about the MOC and less about the ideas project.

I must admit I did the image for ideas and not here so the "support now" plead amy very well be excessive. Point granted there.

As for the guidelines - it is as you said. If you're a moderator and see it in away I don't, you are the one who has to decide. I can only give an interpretation. SHould you choose one or another is at your discretion. On my defense I must also say I not only give the ideas link but also request feedback.

I will not stop posting here my projects posted in ideas because first hand I am seeking feedback concerning the model and not actual support - that works as a plus.

And given your advice, I am indeed more oriented to showcase the MOC itself. I cannot however stop people from making the ideas references... because it is also part of the MOC.

I will be more mindful in the future (again my apologies - I did not realize the "support now" line in the image - and with that I totally agree with you).

Now... about the MOC... Leave your thoughts here. Please.

Thanks!

Well, I would like to see a picture of the actual set because this one is a little misleading. :grin:

It's a shame the towers are not part of it, because I like them!

:grin: It is indeed. The towers and and the woods were made to make this look more pictoresque. I wasn't planning for them in the MOC/set.

You may notice the towers are mainly facade but by applying a small hinge brick they could close and serve playability purposes instead of simply being background.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.

Edited by Reekardoo

Hear ye, hear ye of little faith for I bruing tiding of a new photo for ye to see...

Yeah... just didn't notice most of it was levitating :P

That's why LDD is much harder though inexpensive

Hope ye like it.

15101552470_d9dbf7cee1_b.jpg

Edited by Reekardoo