Sign in to follow this  
Mosana

TUTORIAL: How I make torsos in MS Paint

PNG files have the characteristics described in this wiki page.

Basically, they came in to replace GIF files, as smaller in size, but with better resolution (connected with the sampling method) than JPG files, especially when using them for images containg text and other graphic elements (for photos with soft, low-contrast transitions, JPGs are still the best).

Because JPEG uses lossy compression, it suffers from generation loss, where repeatedly encoding and decoding an image progressively loses information and degrades the image. Because PNG is lossless, it is a suitable format for storing images to be edited.

Moreover, it allows transparency, whereas JPG atuomatically replaces it with a white background.

PNG files have the characteristics described in this wiki page.

Basically, they came in to replace GIF files, as smaller in size, but with better resolution (connected with the sampling method) than JPG files, especially when using them for images containg text and other graphic elements (for photos with soft, low-contrast transitions, JPGs are still the best).

Moreover, it allows transparency, whereas JPG atuomatically replaces it with a white background.

Thanks! Also, I just realized how old this thread was. :distressed: Sorry about that!

Thanks! Also, I just realized how old this thread was. :distressed: Sorry about that!

Don't worry: tutorials never age, as long as the posts are about the core matter of the tutorial.

I don't know if this would be off-topic or not, but i can't understand the tutorial because the "Imageshack" images won't show up, and instead show a "Click and Discover Imageshack" image instead. Help?

Thanks for mentioning it. The original poster hasn't been around in ages, so it was going to happen.

I'll take this tutorial off the Index and close it.