de Gothia

HSS Hospitality, Craftsmen and Hospitality Lodging: Street of Sionnach

The autumn was here with crisp, clear and sunny days. In Sionnach the daily life went on as usual. The baker was busy bringing the flour in to his bakery. The cooper decided to take a stroll down to the bakery to buy some breakfast. In front of the inn Foxy Fox, Alroy the inn keeper noticed a small group of soldiers making their way up to de Gothias castle. These days with Sionnach growing, foreign people was a common sight in the streets of the city. But not every one had good intentions..

15027538299_777a22e153.jpg

15214330915_26403edecc.jpg

15191302856_b324b9aa22.jpg

15027636480_22ec482139.jpg

15027641120_333fba014c.jpg

15191305676_58ed2e3bfd.jpg

15027539839_548d2409fd.jpg

15213943862_d68978e389.jpg

C&C as always, most welcome!

I would like to claim

Hss Hospitality; Bakery

Hss Hospitality lodging; Inn

Hss Craftsmen general goods; Cooper

Beautiful crowed scene once again DG :) I really like the bakery's sign. Nice one :classic:

Thanks!

The plan was to make this one modular with my other mocs from Sionnach like kabel and his town. But piece limitation (money really) made me cut that idea so no border on this one..

The sign idea is stole.... borrowed from someone on flickr (can´t remember who now though!)

Edited by de Gothia

Very nice DG i particularly like the tavern construction. Looks like you may have a crime problem in Sionnach though :-)

I love how all of the buildings are unique. Some brilliant parts usage here as well- I think this is my favourite one from you!

So did I read this right, you are not going to make it modular? That'd be very unfortunate because I really would have liked to see all of these mocs together!

Great MOC! Lots of details all around and lots of action and vivid characters! The guy on the corner holding the sword is awesome! :sweet:

This is a awesome moc! I like the livelyness of it, a busy city street. Lots of details too!

Fantastic work deGothia. The dark blue house is my favourite, all the colours in it make such a nice combo together. The use of that fox minifigure is also nice! Brick on!

Very good work as usual! I like the mix of techniques and colors you have used for the houses and the multitude of details throughout the MOC :classic:

Too bad that it won't be part of a larger scene, but I know the feeling...when I started working on my Barqa scene I thought I'd do the same but now I'm probably going to have to recycle that pretty fast since there's too many of my expensive pieces there :wink:

Lovely scene dG! There are so many nice little details in here, I could keep looking at it all day. I will give +1 to all 3 claims

Superb work man, an incredibly lively and detailed scene. I love the different colors used for the buildings (too often we only see tan and white). And the third photo in particular looks so life like! Great work!

Edited by MassEditor

The curved extension on the black-roofed building is masterful. I'd love to get an inside peek at how you made that work so well. Looks like horizontal hinge plates but can't tell!

Your urban scenes are some of my favorites, DG. I like to compare them to LV's evil Nocty ones for contrast sometimes. :P

Nice MOC! I really love the tree, and the street. Also like the commander of the blue soldiers, CHIMA torso I assume?

Neat idea. I'm just now working on my first castle, so this will have to wait, but I like the idea of a more social scene instead of just a giant stone structure.

The buildings work well together. The roofing looks great too.

Keep up the good work. You should just buy more bricks to make it modular :tongue:

This looks sweet DG! Great job with the bustling streets, and the varying shops, like the barrel maker, and the inn. And it's a small thing, but I really like the below ground doorway with the rail and the stairs leading down to it, it looks pretty cool.

Very nice! I liked how you used a variety of different roofing techniques to add to the diversity of the build. Also, very neat sign on the inn with the bottle and goblet.

Thanks all! Glad you like it! =)

kabel: yes, sorry to say but money can´t be spent on lego these days! have to paint my house next year and that cost alot!!! =( so all my street cobblestone is re used over and over again!

alfadas: yes indeed! chima torso on the guy! and also on the guy with the sword (the fox torso) watching them!

Great build, the innovative shapes of your buildings are excellent and the choice of colors is impeccable :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a great dio de Gothia! The colors look great, you've got a perfect amount of figs in there for the size, and the cobblestone work is well executed.

The only criticism I have is that the roof on the tan building doesn't connect/transition between the rounded section and the on-the-grid section.

Wow. Thunder stolen. I'm finishing up a MOC that is very similar to this, complete with it's own bakery and cooper. Well, I'll just have to wait awhile before posting it since it can't compare with your awesomeness :grin: Great job on all the details. I particularly like your angled wall and tower'd roof on the inn.