Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Avalonia Task 1 Oros Soldiers

Here are the common soldiers in the land of Oros in an outpost tower overlooking Mitgardia. As the lords of Oros don't keep a family sigil or colors, the soldiers wear only Avalonian colors with plain armour. The captain wears red ribbons in his uniform to signify his rank.

15023129867_93f9ebf78a.jpg

15186675816_cf047f17ca.jpg

This was a pretty simple build. I think I should have made the tower. Little wider as it looks pretty cramped up there with 5 people. I wasn't looking forward to this task as I don't like collecting armies--I like unique figs with unique pieces. However eventually it clicked that those LOTR undead soldiers I've been trying to get rid of are mostly sand green which is one of Avalonias colors! C&C please!

Nice round tower - and I am glad to see the undeads can actually be used for something else than undead! Great entry. :thumbup:

If you make a base for the tower, you could enter it in the HSS challenge (task 4).

Those soldiers look great that way! Also i agree on the size of the tower, it looks a bit crowded up there. :)

The tower should have less patterning in the walls of it. Like, some use of dark bley masonry bricks and light bley cylinders would have broken the uniformity.

That said, it's damn inspired to use the Halls of Dead figs this way. I had thought about it before but I only have the 3 that came with the Pirate Ship Ambush and, well, I'm Mitgardian. :P

Thanks to all for the compliments.

Nice round tower - and I am glad to see the undeads can actually be used for something else than undead! Great entry. :thumbup:

If you make a base for the tower, you could enter it in the HSS challenge (task 4).

This is a good point. I may work on a base and add a little more detail after I finish some current WIPs.

The tower should have less patterning in the walls of it. Like, some use of dark bley masonry bricks and light bley cylinders would have broken the uniformity.

I had originally built it the way you described with the exception of 3 stacked light bley round plates in exchange for the cylinders (as seen at the top). However they are currently tied up in another MOC.

Cool tower, and nice soldiers! The captain looks a little bit odd though, as his torso printing looks really skeletal.

I've never noticed how much his torso looked like a rib cage! It does look a bit odd now. Thanks for pointing this out!

Great looking figures! The tower looks promising but lack protection on the top...

What kind of protection are you thinking? A roof?

I've considered doing that, but I think they look too dead to re-use anywhere, especially the King (captain). The sand green helmets and pieces are great though.

Higher battlements (right word?). They look like easy tagets up there!;)

Ah, ok. I posed them pretty high up so you can see (most of) their whole body, as this build was more about the figures than the (very quick) build.

I've considered doing that, but I think they look too dead to re-use anywhere, especially the King (captain). The sand green helmets and pieces are great though.

I've been trying to trade them away for something else because, while they're excellent figs and fairly true to the movie, you can't do much with them outside a LOTR build. Which was why I was glad to come up with a use for them (even if they still look a bit out of place).

The figs look very Avalonian; it's great you found a good use for pieces you dislike. The Captain's torso doesn't bother me. While I can see why some see ribs, to me it looks like lacing.

Wow, those soldiers of the dead torsos look great here. I can't help but think that those are some expensive troops as each of those sell for about $10 on Bricklink!