VintageLegoEra

Review: Lego 10244 Fairground Mixer - Creator Series

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello!

Time to get some break from building the modulars and building this awesome set: The mixer. Well, to be frank, at first i was ignoring this set as i saw it as nothing, but day after day and more reviews and photo i saw, it entered my mind and heart :) and then i thought: waoo this is indeed a great set and the reason i ignored it is due to didnt go much deeper into it....

Also, the following reasons made me to buy it:

1)- has 12 minifigures. ( who can someone avoid a set with such a huge minifigures )

2)- Has a colourful look.

3)- Since the Grand Carousel is Crazy expensive, i see this mixer is an ideal substitution...:)

4)- Will add a great value and look to City ( Which i am going to start my own City soon )

5)- Has new and unique parts.

6)- A lot of Awesome features....

This is going to be a quick review unlike my other posts ( build Threads )...

There we go:

15014466470_bc86f174d0_b.jpg

Bag 1: ( 11 Minifigures + Toys Block Sections )

15014569438_b05db4bff8_b.jpg

15014336439_df7e445a3c_b.jpg

* The minifigures are great except for 1 which i hate: the kid who is holding the ticket. i think this is the ugliest figure in the set.

15201122985_1b04d456e8_b.jpg

* An Alternate look of the Circus Guy---Very Nice!

- The Toys Blocks Sections:

15014516967_8e9947d761_b.jpg

15198025471_b0e65fb048_b.jpg

15014477798_a7ed201c31_b.jpg

-Blue Truck:

15014545308_a8eba7a060_b.jpg

15178074486_a1480f0d6c_b.jpg

15198043961_d37f48a1ae_b.jpg

And here it is Loaded with Stuffs:

15014470217_e176c1fe14_b.jpg

15201033435_a66ee4dfe8_b.jpg

15014235569_1f3322cb90_b.jpg

End of bag 1

Remarks:

​- So far is a fantastic build and everything is great , enjoyed it a lot.......:)

Edited by Rick

Like you, at first I didn't give it a second thought but it is now on my list. I plan to set it up as a carnival area on my lionel train platform along with some modulars. The carnival will be just out of town and will be replaced with a winter village as it gets closer to Christmas.

The best part of the whole set (to me) is the mixer itself and how clever the folding part is.53.gif

Edited by nmengsers

Just wait. The best part of the whole set (to me) is the mixer itself and how clever the folding part is.

Indeed. A very clever idea of this Mixer truck holding all these stuffs....Bag 2 and 3 Review will be posted today...:-).

Stay tuned

Bag 2: The Mixer Truck

15201020075_37a878f4d5_b.jpg

:thumbup:

15014446298_4b689bdd92_b.jpg

* Here is Minifigure number 12...:). Dont understand why they didnt put all the minifigures in 1 bag..loool ( 11 in Bag 1 and 1 in Bag 2 )...anyway,,They are done :)

15014439488_dc67c653ed_b.jpg

15197968011_50ce462bef_b.jpg

15014668258_e57b42e0f3_b.jpg

15200853892_6aa1815e48_b.jpg

Remarks:

- Very Unique design.

- The Stickers are very nice designed and not difficult to be applied.

- This Truck has a Big Awesome feature which you will see it at the end of this review when i am done ( probably most of you know it ;)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Nice review so far. However, the background is a bit distracting, is there any way you could make it plain white?

I am sorry for the back groung as i am doing this in Hurry....but sure when i am free i will re-photo again and make it with White back ground....:)

Thanks for this point

And final Bag, bag 3: (Fences + Flying Carousel )

15014429339_5eb997d2f4_b.jpg

15014528630_33c9a3fe43_b.jpg

Remarks:-

- This part of the build amazed me. So detailed, folding it in a way when the show is over and the moving mechanism....just great

Final Look of the Set ( Show Time ) :wink:

15201021322_bb76439c56_b.jpg

15014630298_2935e31516_b.jpg

15014618508_39da2ca6f6_b.jpg

15198144531_9025555369_b.jpg

15200797472_349be93fe0_b.jpg

When everything is packed Up:

15014372499_e641beaf4e_b.jpg

* This is a Big WAOOO. I imagine all these stuffs are Well packed in 2 Trucks....this is indeed a fantastic idea....saves space and you can store it smoothly :)

- Storing the Set:

This is how i store all my Lego, either using a carton Solid Box from IKEA or Hard Plastic Boxes and wrap it with bubbles sheet. This Set perfectly fitted one of my IKEA boxes and well covered so no dust can reach it :).

15198121231_6d22143b8d_b.jpg

Drivers say: Thanks to you for watching our show and stay tune for next one, who knows maybe next Show will be at your country :classic:

15014711930_f8173596ff_b.jpg

FIN

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Nice overview. Like many others I was not impressed with this set but after seeing the reviews changed my mind. The number of minifigures is a big plus but without a doubt the big sell are the folding and operation features.The scale of the set (truck) compared to City was a big holdback but how often are we going to see LEGO release a fresh themed fairground set that is transportable and can fit in an city layout even if the truck is a bit oversized? Why was I apprehensive to begin with :blush: Great job LEGO :thumbup:

Nice overview. Like many others I was not impressed with this set but after seeing the reviews changed my mind. The number of minifigures is a big plus but without a doubt the big sell are the folding and operation features.The scale of the set (truck) compared to City was a big holdback but how often are we going to see LEGO release a fresh themed fairground set that is transportable and can fit in an city layout even if the truck is a bit oversized? Why was I apprehensive to begin with :blush: Great job LEGO :thumbup:

Thanks Mate!...Indeed,,,The Folding techniques features are the (Waoos)... :thumbup:

and believe me, when you build it, you will even love more than just checking on the photos and review :wink:

Nice job on the review, thanks!

We had no doubts about whether to buy this set or not. We built it a while ago.

It's absolutely great.

We still can't get over the transparent orange parts in stead of transparent red in the red mixer arm, though.

We plan to replace the orange parts with red. And that's saying a lot, coming form a purist! :sadnew:

Edited by Withacee

Nice job on the review, thanks!

We had no doubts about whether to buy this set or not. We built it a while ago.

It's absolutely great.

We still can't get over the transparent orange parts in stead of transparent red in the red mixer arm, though.

We plan to replace the orange parts with red. And that's saying a lot, coming form a purist! :sadnew:

Ohh Cool, so you just build it from parts instead of buying the set...looks so challenging gathering the correct parts! :classic:

I'm so hoping this becomes an annual set release (Fairground) related like the modulars.

Paul

If TLG wants to bleed me dry, they will do just that.

I'm so hoping this becomes an annual set release (Fairground) related like the modulars.

Paul

Sounds good to me! I could use a decent ferris wheel, carousel, and, (gasp) a roller coaster!

I personally decided to pass this set. It's basically vehicles when folded and when not folded, they are too loose. The color is boring, a mixture of red, yellow and blue, just like bricks from my daughter's build&play boxes. I love Jamie's creations and the folding technique is awesome. If they release a small ferris wheel or even a roller coaster next year and make a new "park theme", I will definitely buy all of them like I did with winter villages series. This set alone will be too lonely to display by itself. With 150 dollars, I would rather buy a second horizon express also created by Jamie. :) Just my 2 cents.

Edited by nana

Anyone knows if the motor for the Fairground Mixer can be purchased separately? I can't find it at Lego Shop.

Yep,,Try Bricklink.com , Amazon or ebay

I finallly pull the trigger on this yesterday on the last day of 2XVIP points.

Now, I need the Winter Carousel...arrrghhh, this is endless...

I finallly pull the trigger on this yesterday on the last day of 2XVIP points.

Now, I need the Winter Carousel...arrrghhh, this is endless...

Excellent Choice Buddy :thumbup: ..you will have fun a lot! :sweet:

^Thanks. Yeah, I loved this set from the begining. I really like the idea of a fair in my city layout. Besides, I'm sure there will be new additions from TLG in future years, so I didn't want to miss this one.

I guess my bricklinked CC will have to wait a little bit longer :(