Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

HSS Hospitality & Merchant: Tavern and Ale Trader

After taking over a disused warehouse in the old town, a former travelling Ale merchant sat down shop and filled the warehouse with barrels of the finest ales from all over Historica.

15157054616_c60fee01e8_c.jpg

As customers started to trickle in, wishing to taste the wares before purchase, the merchant refurbished the upper floor of the warehouse to cater for this new need. As business picked up, the building was decorated, reflecting the rising wealth of the merchant.

15179712502_1200f26d0e_z.jpg

People of all kinds started to be attracted to the building and the smell of fine ales.

14993506978_fe06390792_z.jpg

Some visitors asked to taste several different brews, but never seemed interested when the merchant started talking about placing larger orders. In fact, they seemed perfectly content to enjoy the ales on site.

14993510348_43f220500e_c.jpg

A keen business man, the merchant decided to set up a side business, opening a tavern. Afterall, the ales were already easily available.

_____

Hereby a HSS entry for Hospitality and Merchant for the Trifork. C&C welcome.

Nice build Bregir, I really like the use of color in this. The little window garden is excellent, simple but pretty. Cool interiors and furnishings too, good work!

Nicely done and good use of color. I don't think those rippled 1x2 bricks work as well as they would in a larger build, though. My favorite part is the storage and your good use of space in the interiors.

Very nice build and I do really like the fact you added lots of kegs instead of just a few, good job! :thumbup:

Nice colors and great interior! I wasn't expecting so much details inside :classic:

(I'm so jealous of those brown window frames btw!)

Edited by Gideon

Nice build, really great color selections. You've appointed a very nice interior as well, and the first picture is great :classic:

We dont usually see that kind of colours in Historica. Beatiful done there mate...! I like the 1st floor with the guys drinking :)

Lovely design! The colours works really good togheter!

Some nitpicks:

It should be a path leading to the inn? Right now there is grass...

Some more horizontal plates in brown on the second floor?

Great work all around though!

Nice one mate. Those colours look good, brick on!

Thanks all for the feedback - I am quite happy with the result, and I think the use of alternative colours works well - we shouldn't be limited to earth shades, I think - At least the old towns in Denmark aren't! :sweet:

Nice colors and great interior! I wasn't expecting so much details inside :classic:

(I'm so jealous of those brown window frames btw!)

Are you saying your expectation were low? :tongue:

Joke aside, I tried to "finish" this build inside and out with interiors, no baseplate base, and a full score of minifigs, and it was fun.

(And about the windows frames: Lego Western Rocks! Glad I got that before my dark age :thumbup: )

Nice build, really great color selections. You've appointed a very nice interior as well, and the first picture is great :classic:

Thanks, I have been struggling a bit with photography, but I think I now found the right spot, lightning wise, to take my photos - Still need to work a bit with the settings and focus on my camera, though, and may do something about the background in the future.

Lovely design! The colours works really good togheter!

Some nitpicks:

It should be a path leading to the inn? Right now there is grass...

Some more horizontal plates in brown on the second floor?

Great work all around though!

Thank you, mylord!

I actually had a path planned - knew I forgot something! :wacko:

And yeah, maybe a few more wooden inlays to accent it and keep it all together.

Very cool tavern, lots of good details packed in :thumbup: I think a few more depth changes in the walls would look good, right now the side and back walls are quite flat.

Excellent interior :classic:

Nice job!

Grazie, BC!

Very cool tavern, lots of good details packed in :thumbup: I think a few more depth changes in the walls would look good, right now the side and back walls are quite flat.

Excellent interior :classic:

Thank you - And I really agree about the side and back walls. I was challenged by the lack of the light blue bricks, so I couldn't add another brick in height, which again made it hard to give the walls texture, especially around the windows.

But its definitely something I will think about going forward. Thanks for the feedback.