Sign in to follow this  
jimmynick

Red Menace Mafia: Confirmation and Discussion

All are welcome to comment in this thread; players, please confirm your roles and we can begin the game proper shortly!

14868529019_f5f7b42d92_o.png

15036402536_1ede2ebeb6_o.png

"Good morning, everybody. Since we are on a submarine in the middle of the ocean, I shall sing a song to set the mood."

"Come gather 'round, people, wherever you roam / And admit that the waters around you have grown / And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone..."

The NPCs:

15063852855_3cd861a1e6_o.png Jacob Neumann (jamesn) - Commander

15063852815_3b062de018_o.png Thaddeus Mortimore (Tamamono) - Lieutenant Commander

The Players:

14869959227_b611ccd287_o.png Monty Thornton (mostlytechnic) - Cook

14869922268_ea49e57f65_o.png Gary Messina (getdamonkey) - Crewman

14869922208_40191ca265_o.png Philip Dabney (PirateDave84) - Crewman

14869847540_d19d1c6829_o.png Dom Fiore (Dragonfire) - Crewman

15053458321_7e1b5d9c5d_o.png Jeremy Hollis (jluckhaupt) - Crewman

15053458311_fe8eaf2a06_o.png Adrienne Walton (adventurer1) - Doctor

15056508315_becf75ac8a_o.png Christopher Milton Poindexter (CallMePie) - Fire Control Officer

14869783629_1fe5263c89_o.png Trevor Knowles (TrumpetKing) - Nuclear Engineer

14869847450_326fac00f0_o.png Patrick Nash (Peanuts) - Nuclear Engineer

15056508265_f72ff4850b_o.png Spencer Delgado (Speedy) - Quartermaster

15056146782_dff345a645_o.png Malcolm Cooper (Mencot) - Radio Technician

14869958937_1e4a062c0f_o.png Edward Grey (Endgame) - Sonar Technician

14869783459_f98924f11f_o.png Claire Novak (Calanon) - Steward

14869922038_73fa893d37_o.png Boris Benson (Bob) - Torpedoman

14869783419_3b11e1776a_o.png Jerry Bergeron (JimBee) - Torpedoman

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned either with the Loyal Sailors (Town) or the Soviet Spies (Scum). To win the game, the Loyal Sailors must kill off all of the Soviet Spies, while the Spies need to outnumber the Sailors. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game hosts. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

The following is a sample Role PM:

Player:

Hello, and welcome to Red Menace Mafia! Your role information is as follows:

Character Name:

Character Picture:

Character Bio:

Personality Quirk:

Job on Board:

Alignment: Loyal Sailors (Town) / Soviet Spies (Scum) / Third Party (Neutral)

Role:

Night Action:

Win Condition:

Please put your character's picture either in your signature or as your avatar, and include your character's name in your signature. Have fun playing!

Edited by jamesn

Present and ready to have my underlings torpedo the crap out of the enemies of the good ol' US of A, captain.

Ready to detect big objects and yell at people not to crash into said objects. It's a really rewarding job, to be honest, but c'est la vie.

I am here to cook. You can not work if you are hungry. Stay out of my kitchen!

And I am worried about our commander. Does he not understand how subs work? He says we will be drenched to the bone, but if water is in the boat, that is bad!

Good morning, friends!

I have a feeling that today is going to be a great day, even if we might get wet! Who's up for some poker?

. . . . _ _ _ . _ . . . _ Malcome the radio tech here.

Shall we get this party started then, Yo has some loco tunes in store for the whole trip.

Uu la laa

I have a feeling that today is going to be a great day, even if we might get wet! Who's up for some poker?

Hey Mr Torpedoman - what's with this getting wet? If you screw up and sink the sub because you forgot to close the torpedo door, then NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Oh wait, I'm from San Diego, not New York. No arugula strawberry compote with reduced balsamic glaze for you!

Well then, glad to see everyone checking in all healthy and in good spirits. Let's keep this boat as clean and positive feeling as possible! :)

And please refrain from anything that might make you miss work, we wouldn't want that now would we!

Patrick Nash here, the reactor's going critical! Get out of here!

Just kidding, you little honeybees, it's actually supposed to do that. Come back, dummkopfs.

Present and ready to have my underlings torpedo the crap out of the enemies of the good ol' US of A, captain.

Did somebody say boom?

Claro que si, estoy presente.

Claro que si, estoy presente.

What the hell is this? I don't need some smartmouth Frenchman on my blowing-stuff-up crew. Speak American, damnit!

No senor! I am from Mexico. Firing torpedoes is the American Dream, correcto?

No senor! I am from Mexico. Firing torpedoes is the American Dream, correcto?

Damn right it is. So go home and fulfill the Mexicon Dream. I'm got Russians to torpedo, cigars to smoke, and other torpedomen to yell orders at.

Wake up you lazies! Breakfast is served - eat now or be hungry till lunch. You try sneaking food outta my galley again and I'll break your fingers with a rolling pin. Hey, that's not a bad idea, might help find those @#$%@# spies while I'm at it!

As an update on the status of the game / confirmation thread: in 12 hours I will start advertising for 2 replacement players.

Hi! We're looking for replacement players for Dom Fiore and Gary Messina. If you want to join the game, please ask (as long as you have passed a Mafia School game)!

I will give the replacments / confirmation process 36 hours and then Day One will go up anyway, even if that means a modkill or two.

In the absence of replacements, Dom Fiore and Gary Messina are no longer in the game. Day One will be up shortly.

Great stuff!

Do not post in a game day again, please make your comments here where it's appropriate.

Sign in to follow this